Carver heating system

Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking to buy a secondhand caravan at the moment and need some advice regarding one I have seen.

It is a 1994 Swift Challenger. It is all good except for the heating. The water heating system works fine, but when I tested the blown air heating system, it was only emitting cold air - the fan is working in both the gas and electric settings, but no heat!

Does anyone have any ideas? I would like to know the cause, and hence estimated cost of rectification before making an offer.

Many thanks

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Dave.

I had the same trouble with the fan working and no heat and then found there was a seperate on off un marked wall switch for the electric heat.

Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

Have tried those suggestions and unfortunately had no joy. My thoughts are maybe a heating element (?) as I had a similar issue with a fan oven oven before? My worry is if I buy it and then find I've got to spend

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hello Dave----had the same problem last year and it turned out to be the PCU board inside the heater. Contact gary at Arc Systems and he will put you right. If it is the PC board they are quite easy to change. One point I found with the fanmaster the actual fan body accumulates a lot if dust/dirt over the years and I think the build up of this may increase the load on the motor. If by chance the motor is also noisy then it will need changed as well---

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If it's 1994 (I thought they started in 95?) either way early ones (assuming it's not been upgraded) do not have a reset switch but a 'one shot' thermal fuse and this will need replacing to get the elements working. To give you a clue, the reset if it has one is located 9" down and 7" back from the top left corner of the gas heater where it touches the wood surround.

Aa others have said a blocked fan and/or worn out motor will probably be the cause of it tripping.

Elements by the way never, ever fail...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave,

Just had exactly the same problem. Turned out the pcb (in the little grey box at the back of the fire) was fried. I had it changed by a caravan engineer at the same time as my annual service, total cost

TRENDING THREADS