carver mover

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
has any body come across the problem i have with my carver2 mover? today my caravan is being put into storage got my mover all ready but is dead as a do-do replaced the batteries in hand set,caravan battery 110amp fully charged,pressed reset on control box which just clicked three times,and still nothink happens!disconnected supply wires to motors but still will not reset.i am thinking it could be p.c.b. in control box the unit is 2.1/2 years old

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tony,

I believe your diagnosis is correct your control box is the problem ,had the same prolem myself and had the box replaced under warranty.Goes perfect now(touch Wood).I did buy my mover about the same time as yours and I reckon they had a duff batch also had a duff set of drive rollers too.Good Luck.Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi tony, we had what seems to be the same problem earlier this year.try checking your battery connections. they really do have to be pretty tight. i have towed for 6yrs and have only ever used a pair of pliers to ensure a 'good' connection.this method has been fine in the past but not it seems with a mover. i took the van back to my dealer with the problem of the mover control box flashing red and green lights and clicking at me. the battery terminals were the first thing he checked and i swore blind earlier to him that they were fine. i went away having my ego truly bruised ! i'm not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but its worth a look. all the best, dave.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony, Just had exactly the same fault on my carver mover after 9 months from new so you are doing well at 2+years.

My mover went dead just before going in for 1st service. They said they had changed the control box and it did check o.k. on test before picking up van. Got it home and unit was dead again, pushed van into garden and rang service centre. They said battery must be faulty so I agreed to buy new battery but on checking mover again , it now worked and continued to work for 4 days then went dead again(battery on charge all the time).Bought new battery still the same-dead would not switch on.Took out control box and took it back to dealer who changed it and fault now cured but it cost me a new battery. If you are happy that battery is charged then it's got to be the control box or handset but I would plum for the control box.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had the bad batch of rollers like Tony. Failed after 6 months but Carver refused to replace them. They are a "wear item". I had only done 100 yards! Sounds to me like Carver have "lost the plot".

Apr 1, 2005
Visit site
I have a carver on my 2004 Compass (moved it over from my 02 Bailey fitted in November 2003)and on both it has been hit and miss if it works, tried battery connections, changed hand set batteries. Some times it will work if I hold controller under floor or close to battery box with door open (therefore can not see what the van is doing, one day will catch a wall). It is as though signal not getting through, but control unit is clear of obstructions etc and next time it will work all around the caravan. Thought it might be a battery issue but have tried when connected through mains on fully charged battery but still needed to be held underneath to get the sound of clicks (signal getting through) and rollers turning. Seeing so many complaints wish I had gone elsewhere. Zero confidence on whether I will get benefit of it so had may as well not have had it fitted, spoils use as it is always back of my mind and I have some tight spots at home and at storge point (look a right pratt on sites too).

If anyone had similar and fixed would appreciate information (good contact name at manufacturer would be good too)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pretty common problem - when mine failed I went to the dealer (I had fitted it myself). The service manager told me they had had no end of trouble. When Carver refused to send a replacement box because 'they still were not right' I took th device off, dumped it at the dealer and got my money back - am I glad i did.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi I had similar problem 3 months after having fitted a carver mover, It would not " wake up ", ie when switched on the light came on on the hand set but there was no clicks or activity from the pcb.Changed handset battery (twice) and checked fully charged leisure battery. Still no go,, . Fault turned out to be u/s pcb ( main circuit board) which was replaced without question by CARAVAN MOVERS very promptly. But the question was that it nearly cost us our holiday as we could not get the van off our driveway. A superb product let down by poor quality components. Could do better!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts