carver movers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a Carver motor mover fitted to my van and all has been well till late.When trying to move the van the mover makes a jerking action as if it is going on/off, when the direction buttons are pushed. Just wondered if anybody has had this problem with theres, and how you sorted it.Thanks to any replys

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've got the same problem (had?)as the van is in for service and a new control panel was fitted yesterday.

I expect this to cost as much as the service but will report back tomorrow

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi stuart,have seen this before,also read of same.the fault could be in the fixings coming loose allowing the drive wheel to move up and down the wheel.fit new bolts.i think this will cure it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a carver mover fitted to my van, when I disengage the mover once the caravan is in position and set the handbrake I get a roll back of about 6 inches after moving the caravan forwards. If I reverse into position this does not occur, I have always assumed that the movement is due to springs and gizmo's inside the brake drums taking up any slack. My mover works with total efficiency and is worth every penny.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stuart,

I have a POWERTOUCH unit and what you are describing is a battery problem with the van. In short there is not enough juice in your caravan battery to hold the solinoids in to power up the rollers. A simple test is to disengage your rollers when the hand brake is up -- Now press your remote control and see what happens. My money says that the rollers will spin no problem as there is no pressure or should I say very little juice required to turn same. I suggest that you charge the battery and see if that works. If it does you might require a new battery preferably a 110 leisure with more juice. If you bought the POWERTOUCH unit I guarantee that they would be able to sort this prob over the phone as they did for me on more than one occassion. Best of Luck - Brian Dublin

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
I had problems with my Carver/Truma mover.My dealer Golden Castle caravans arranged for me to take the caravan to the Truma factory at Burton-ON-Trent.Before taking the caravan Truma talked me through certain checks but the problem still persisted.Truma were excellent and couldn't have been more helpful in solving the problem.I would recommend if your 2 year guarantee has not expired that you take out the 3 year extended guarantee giving 5 years peace of mind. The extra 3 years only costs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm lucky - I have a Powrwheel ! A possible fault to add to the thought process is RF interference. A very local mobile telephone mast ? I came home with a flat battery, plugged the mains in to charge, and tried using mover. Stop. Start. Judder. Powrwheel explained it was interference from battery charger !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with Brian. I have a carver fitted to my new avondale 556/6 and it did the same. Simply my new 85AH battery was not up to the job, even though the book says its fine. Had it replaced with a 110AH battery and all is fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts