Cascade 2 Drain plug removal......Help...

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I cant seem to undo the plastic drain plug on the bottom corner of the outside vent thing, as its made of plastic I'm concerned with damaging it to much

I have bought a replacement bung/plug so was thinking of drilling the old one out??

Does anybody have any suggestions please
Simon

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
It might sound daft (and might actually be!), but have you been trying to remove it whilst in sub-zero temperatures? I'm just wondering whether it's frozen in, as there's not really anything that can stick so hard. The good thing is that you're more likely to damage the actual plus rather than its housing.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if this will work but try pouring hot water from a kettle over the surround and gently tap the pug round with a hammer and centre punch if it won't undo using the slot

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
NigelHutson said:
It might sound daft (and might actually be!), but have you been trying to remove it whilst in sub-zero temperatures? I'm just wondering whether it's frozen in, as there's not really anything that can stick so hard. The good thing is that you're more likely to damage the actual plus rather than its housing.

No I haven't It was November time I tried to get it undone :)

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Parksy said:
I'm not sure if this will work but try pouring hot water from a kettle over the surround and gently tap the pug round with a hammer and centre punch if it won't undo using the slot

I shall give that a try next time I'm up with the van. :) Thank you for the great suggestion

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....less is more!

You should have used a 10p coin or better still find a washer that is an exact fit and use WC's method.
I would be worried if the plastic bung is that stubborn as it should be removed at least once a year to drain the system for frost protection.
It should not be that stubborn if this has been done.

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I only got the van in late October so don't know it's history as such or if it has been removed or not, but as its so stubborn I guess not ....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Some years ago the inlet plastic connector on cascades were prone to failure. I found that drilling them out with a drill smaller than the thread diameter then enabled you to remove the rest qute easiy withour damaging the metal thread of the unit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts