Cascade 2 help needed!

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi, I wonder if someone could give me a bit of advice about using my water system! I have an Abbey Oxford, 1991 and have just had a practice run at connecting the fresh water. However it's a bit tight on that side to connect my aquaroll and it's up against my neighbours wall, so I filled a bucket and put it on top of the wall. Connected the pump to the inlet and it started running straight away, so I unplugged it and went inside the van to make sure all taps were closed and the 12v was off. Tried connecting again and it ran again so I popped it in the water. It started sucking away so I went in again and switched on 12v and turned taps, which flowed happily, so turned them back off. When I went back outside I heard dripping water and presumed it was the waste but it was the drain on the Cascade open. So I closed that, but still the pump was going and some water was still coming from the drain plug. I didn't light the heater as I wanted to get the connections right first. Could someone please explain how it works and what I'm doing wrong or is something broken? There was a kink in the hose due to the position of the bucket. Help! I'm going away for the first time in 2 weeks!

Cheers all

John.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John, if all the 12v system was OFF, then the pump should not run until you have switched it on, and more than likely a separate switch for the pump as well, either on the control panel or on the front of the locker near the pump inlet.

If it is a microswitched tap system then the pump should not run until a tap is opened, but if a pressure system, then as soon as the pump is energised, until it reaches the pre set pressure, then stop until a tap is opened and creates a loss in pressure, starting the pump again.

As for the drain plug on the Cascade, it should have a rubber O ring which sits just above the screw thread, against the end.

If it is missing you will need to get a new one.

If it is still present, then clean up the seating on the cascade with some wire wool, just to remove any calcium which may be present, make sure the O ring is clean and in good condition and tighten just enough to ensure a good seal, and not break the head off the plug.

Always, before lighting the heater or using the electric element, make absolutely certain that the tank is full with no air still coming out of the hot tap.

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
John, if all the 12v system was OFF, then the pump should not run until you have switched it on, and more than likely a separate switch for the pump as well, either on the control panel or on the front of the locker near the pump inlet.

If it is a microswitched tap system then the pump should not run until a tap is opened, but if a pressure system, then as soon as the pump is energised, until it reaches the pre set pressure, then stop until a tap is opened and creates a loss in pressure, starting the pump again.

As for the drain plug on the Cascade, it should have a rubber O ring which sits just above the screw thread, against the end.

If it is missing you will need to get a new one.

If it is still present, then clean up the seating on the cascade with some wire wool, just to remove any calcium which may be present, make sure the O ring is clean and in good condition and tighten just enough to ensure a good seal, and not break the head off the plug.

Always, before lighting the heater or using the electric element, make absolutely certain that the tank is full with no air still coming out of the hot tap.
Thanks Damian,

I think there is a seperate switch you know. I also think it is a pressure system, therefore that's why it ran, and continued because of the leaking eh? I will give it another go tomorrow. Thanks again buddy.

John.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts