Cassette toilet Removal

Jun 18, 2005
Visit site
I hoe somebody can help me please.

I have a 1992 Vanroyce 450/2 EK.

The toilet needs to come out so that I can find a water leak which is either the toilet top tank OR in the pipework that is between to toilet and the ,van wall.

How do you go about removing the cassette toilet ? It is obvious that the outer door and frame will have to be removed but I,m stuck from then on.

eor

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have fitted a bench model (see my site at http://tinyurl.com/xzt0 ) which was quite a while ago now, but of what I remember you'll need to cut through the silicone type seal around the toilet, then it should (probably after a lot of grunting etc.) lift vertically by about 40mm to release it from some brakets on the back wall. Hope that gives you a start.

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
Hi There

I dont think you need to remove the outer door. If your caravan is teh Thetford C2 then there will be two screws securing it to the floor. Open the outer door, remove cassette, unscrew the two screws. Then go into the shower cubicle and lift the entire unit vertically. Please note that if it has been sealed in then you may need to use silicon remover or the adhesive qualities of the sealant may rip wallpaper etc.

regards

Lee

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Les,

Are you sure that it is the cassette loo that is leaking?

If you have water in the recesses under the holding tank it could be the door seal letting in rain and water when you wash the van down, this is very common.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts