CASTLERIGG FARM PARK. KESWICK.

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi we are going to Castlerigg Park next year have just booked for a week. Is there anyone out there who can tell me if it is ok and we will be taking a wheelchair person with us ( me). So best pitches etc and where the best places to visit are for a disabled person. thanks.

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Erica

I would check with the Castlerigg Farm site to see if they can accomadate Wheelchairs. We were there last month and it is all grass pitches and everything is on a slope.

Keswick is a short drive (1 to 2 miles) and it has good access for disabled people. Maybe you should try Castlerigg Hall it is right next to Castlerigg Farm and has hard standing pitches. We didn't go in but it looked more accessable to wheelchairs.

Anyway wherever you choose to go I hope you have a great time.

Ali

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
hi laura and ali,

Just double checked and it is Castlerigg Hall and not Castlerigg farm so it should be ok they have disabled pitches next to the shower block or so I,m told.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, Castlerigg Hall is a fabulous site with wonderful views. It is steeply sloping but so long as you have one of the pitches at the rop of the park you will be fine (even from these it is uphill to the shop/reception/entrance but you could take the car). Enjoy your holiday!

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Hi; ou=r first trip to the Lake District was in later September to CasttleRigg. we enjoyed it so much that we imemdiately booked up for the same time last year.

You need to talk to the managementabout facilities for the disabled but what I can say is that it would appear to be excelelnt in that respect.

Enjoy it; you won't be disappointed I am sure!

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts