cc & foreign vans

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I own an LMC 520HTE it is stored at the rear of my home behind a locked 5 bar gate, it stored nose inward, it has a wheel clamp, a hitch lock, it is registered with both CRISS & Thief Beaters, I have just had the Phantom tracker fitted with the silent movement alarm, there is also an intruder alarm, it has my post code on the roof and there are two dogs loose in the grounds at all times. the caravan club wont insure my van, they say it is liable to be stolen, because it`s German, and popular with certain members of the caravaning comunity.I would like a comparison for insurance as at present I have only found one firm that will insure me :- NFU comments please

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
A friend of ours had the same problem with his new hobby caravan, very few insurance companies would quote and the ones that would where very expensive and required very heavy security measures. the van cost him 14000 brand new and the best insurance quote was 650.00. my van which is also a twin axle and is almost as long but only 7'4' wide as opposed to the hobbys 7'9' is valued at 14500 and my insurance is 430.00, the main difference being my van is british. unfortunately the insurance companies where proven right when the hobby was stolen just 4 months after he bought it, the van was never recovered. it had been fitted with a wheel clamp a hitch lock an alarm it was chained to the site floor with ancher points set in concrete and my friend had removed the a frame and chained this to the chassie. they obviousely wanted his van as all this was done on a site that was occupied and nobody heard a thing ?. my friends now have a bailey and its never been touched even though this is also left on a site permanently.

Apr 22, 2005
Visit site
i have an lmc 510rd dominant.. when i phoned the caravan club they said no german vans.. because they are always stolen..a couple of companys said the same..they reckon because.they are built stronger they will last. a lot longer than british vans .so they dont have to steal them so often.i have mine insured with nfu ..for the last 4 yrs,,

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wouldn't it just have been simpler to but british or do we want more MgRovers in this country ................. I think the insurance should be at least double as punishment for not supporting brit workers

Jan 4, 2004
Visit site
Wouldn't it just have been simpler to but british or do we want more MgRovers in this country ................. I think the insurance should be at least double as punishment for not supporting brit workers
What utter garbage C. kangaroo(Australian). Should we also ban VW Merc, BMW, Porche, Renault, Citroen, Fiat, Ferrari, Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Mazda, Peaugot etc amd 99% of motorbikes.

Its attitudes like yours that have led to the downfall of the British motorbike and car industries by expecting the public to buy inferior products just because they are home produced instead of making their products competitive.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
the only reason I bought the LMC is:- I am 6ft3in tall, my wife and I wanted a van with fixed single beds, I tried every british built van in 2003 and could not find one with fixed single beds, even in some foreign vans the single beds were to short. after much hunting I found the LMC the bed has to be 6ft5in and at last I can stretch out without pushing the walls down.

P.S. I drive a Kia Sorento 4x4 what you got to say about that then sheila

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts