CC mayday, which level of cover do you have

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i dont know if you all know but theres actually 4 levels of cc mayday recovery not jut 3.

there roadside assistance £34

roadside and recovery £62

premium £89

and there recovery only at £30.00 a year which most of you proberbly dont know about.

what im asking is my santa fe is covered by hyundai and my insurance for homestart, roadside, accidents etc etc so the car has already got 2 lots of cover. so do i just get the recovery on the mayday insurance?. help and advise needed.

thanks

jo

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Ermm tricky one,recovery on your car etc wont or might not cover the recovery of the caravan so you would need seperate cover,now what could happen is recovery of the car is before the recovery of the caravan meaning a stay at the side of the road with just the van until recovery turns up or visa versa.

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
i've been looking into this.

I have a company car which is covered for roadside assistance and recovery but doesn't cover the caravan.

The recovery only option offered by the CC looks the way to go for me. If the car breaks down I first call the service covered by the car. If it cannot be repaired etc then I call the CC mayday lot (green flag) out to recover the car and caravan to where ever I want to go.

For

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
I have always thought I get breakdown every year and have never used it, so whats the point (both dealer and Caravan Club). Yesterday I had some trouble with my brand new 4 x 4 (2 weeks old, gutted!!!, dealer breakdown cover yes, towing a caravan umm not sure) whilst away. As a member of the Caravan Club Green Flag breakdown service I rang them told them of my situation and requested some advice as I did not want to move my caravan so late at night and to be honest I was so enjoying my first caravan break this year I did not want to leave such a lovely area early. I was advised my car trouble could not be sorted at the camp site as it was a warranty issue but what time would I like picked up in the morning. As I had never used a breakdown company before I asked could you drop my car at the dealer and could my caravan be droped off at my storage area. No problem Sir, after a couple of questions all my worries went away and I thought one last BBQ and a glass of wine. At the agreed time my breakdown guy arrived, A1 Breakdown @ Recovery Services from the Wirral, what a service, car loaded, caravan hitched, dog sorted, caravan club members entertained over breakfast and away. I can honestly say what could have been a stressful time was not at all. Also we were entertained by the driver all the way home and I could have asked for no more, what a lovely guy. Caravan unloaded, driver helped in every way and car delivered back to the dealer (they were also mortified that I had trouble and a suitable car was given to us as a replacement until they could sort out our trouble - thank you Hyundai) All I can say is thank you both to the Caravan Club Green Flag and of course A1 of the Wirral for a fantastic service and I will never again think do I really need breakdown cover.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have also been looking into breakdown cover, I didn't realise that if its the caravan that has a problem the RAC won't help at all (unless you join the C&CC and pay the extra for Arrival cover). When I rang the AA they said they wouldn't leave us stranded on the motorway, but that we may be charged depending on the circumstances. So far, as members of the CC it looks as though their Green Flag looks the best option and it is much cheaper than the other two breakdown companies.

On the M6 recently there was a family whose Alko hitch had problems and the AA were with them, the caravan owner said the AA would tow the caravan to a nearby garage but not a caravan dealership as it was more than 10 miles, I don't know what happened as we had to continue our journey but it does seem the cover varies quite a lot.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts