cc towing course

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
anyone got any comments on towing courses.My husband passed away 3 weeks ago (52 yr old).I dont want to part with our van which we've had for 4 years.Thinkin of doing next available one,brother in law says he'll take me out for a run,but might feel a bit more confident if i attend course.

One good thing is we had a mover fitted at begginnin of this season.

lyn

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
lyn,

Very sorry to hear about your husband.

My wife went on a C.C. towing course a few years ago_One of the best things she has done.She went on the one and a half days course.The confidence she gained from the course was amazing.

We live at the end of a cul-de sac and a couple of days later she spent quite some time towing the caravan off it's hard standing beyond the bungalow, out onto and up the drive and back onto it's hard standing.

No way would she have attempted this before the course. Go for it!! It is good to see how positive you are being after your loss.

I am sure if the wardens at Caravan Club sites know of your circumstances they will assist you in any way they can.

Hamer

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lyn

My wife , like Hamer's went on the full one and half day CC course. She came back and I have to admit taught me a few handy things. More to the point over half the attendees on her course were ladies. She now tows regularly.

Go for it and continue enjoying caravanning.

Cheers

Dustydog

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm so sorry to learn of your sad loss Lyn.

I'm sure that after you attend the course you will keep your caravan and tow it with confidence.

If you need any advice you know that we will help.

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Hello Lyn

sorry to hear of your sad loss. We would echo what everyone has said - the CC manoeuvring course is well worth doing. We both did it after upgrading our van (wider and longer) - so we took our own van to the course (as we knew our Bailey Indiana was bigger than the vans provided, and wanted the pracice with our own rig). This was no problem for the CC course - you might like to consider doing the same.

Best wishes - Ann & John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts