CCL's in Europe

Mar 23, 2006
Visit site
Hello, Does anyone know of small or CCL campsites in Europe (or useful links) . We are currently touring Europe and as the season picks up want to avoid the busy sights. We will be in Portugal next week, then over the next few months going across the Pyrennees then South France Italy Switzerland, Germany. Also we are interested in going to Finland from germany as we have heard that there is a ferry has anyone done that trip?

Many Thanks

Julie

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We've done Travemunde to Helsinki and Malmo in Sweden for work with trailers. It's a few years since I did the Helsinki run but it was long and slow and rough in the Baltic and we were thankful to come back via Stockholm,Malmo and Denmark it was passenger and cargo type ship rather than just a ferry but the cabins were good and service was very good. We had a trip canceled last year but we priced car trailer and two drivers for the return crossing at around

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julie - can't help you much on the CCLs but do you mind if I ask you how you are gaining access to the internet. We are going to Spain/Portugal in April, for 3 months and are thinking of investing in a lap top. As a BT Yahoo user I understand I can join BT openzone and then "roam" in other countries,using other providers' wifi hot spots and paying the roaming charges of between 5 and 10 pence per minute. Do you (or anyone else) know if this a good way to do it, or is there a better, cheaper, way? All the best for your trip - sounds exciting.

Keith

Mar 23, 2006
Visit site
Hi Keith, We have been travelling for 6 months now and have mainly had to use internet cafes. We have been surprised at how many there are. Most towns even the little ones usually have one. WiFi has been more difficult to find. We are currently on a campsite that has Wifi facility which is fantastic, so fantastic that we have stayed much longer than we had planned. Being able to skype and keep in contact with the famly from the luxury of our caravan is a big incentive. I'm not sure how BT open zone works works(but would like to know) so can't comment. Hope you have a fantastic trip.

Julie

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Keith, We have been travelling for 6 months now and have mainly had to use internet cafes. We have been surprised at how many there are. Most towns even the little ones usually have one. WiFi has been more difficult to find. We are currently on a campsite that has Wifi facility which is fantastic, so fantastic that we have stayed much longer than we had planned. Being able to skype and keep in contact with the famly from the luxury of our caravan is a big incentive. I'm not sure how BT open zone works works(but would like to know) so can't comment. Hope you have a fantastic trip.

Julie
Hi Julie. Thanks for your reply. I'm quite envious of you being away six months. We've been caravaning in Europe for 30 years and I went camping for 15 before that - but we've never managed more than four weeks (more often two) - always had to get back to work!! ...but now we are retired and really looking forward to this trip. Thanks again, and hope the rest of your trip goes well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts