ch*ch*ster caravans

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
dear parksy

Im not going to reply that this forum is afaid of upsetting advertisers it not worth my time.But i do disagree that people are allow to rave on about certain dealers being good upon collection (arnt they all when your signing the finance papers??)! but when someone tells the truth you remove the posting to protect that company! If you are going to do that you should remove the good ones as well as not to cloud people judgement! But will you do that? i dont think so do you?? everything in that posting was true and i will stand up in any court in the land if thats what they wish!! they cant do anything to you for telling the truth!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mark

I didn't remove your post to 'protect the company' as you have stated.

I don't doubt the truth of what you wrote but I'm sure that you will realise that the hosts of the website which contains this forum, Haymarket Publications, has no effective method of verification where any complaint is posted on the forum.

Haymarket don't see it as their job to be customers ombudsmen, let's suppose that I'd have allowed your post to remain in spite of it being against the written rules of this forum in the way that it was written.

The company that you had complained about may well dispute your facts.

Haymarket has no proof one way or the other as to what actually took place so to remove any possibility of disputes involving them the administrators of this forum have included within their forum etiquette Rule 4 which states:

You may not transmit complaints about named companies or caravan parks.

Such individual issues should be taken up with the company direct.

If the dispute or complaints about any company are not resolved to your satisfaction then you should contact trading standards or your solicitor.If you have signed finance papers for your caravan and you have still got problems with your caravan you should also contact the finance company if the caravan is subject to a hire purchase agreement.

If forum members wish to sing the praises of any given dealership, caravan park or whatever it may be we don't stop them for the simple reason that in mentioning good service that they might have received they don't break any forum rules.

Members of this forum should use their own judgement where posts appear giving praise and they will doubtless know that no company is 100% at all times.

If you can find a mainstream caravan forum which allows you to name dealers, firms or holiday parks in connection with specific complaints the best thing to do is to post your complaint on there.

If you want to 'stand up in any court in the land' then it's your right to do so but at your own expense please.

Jun 1, 2008
Visit site
For all your "Whiter than white righteous attitude" I am with Mark on this one. I don't think that anyone would deliberatly set out to blatantly blame any dealer with bad practice unless in their opinion it was justified.

If these advertisers provide income for this media "platform" then they should be prepared to take the rough with the smooth.

It's now time (and not too soon in my opinion) that they are having it tough out there and have to take stock of the way they have to do business or in most cases lose it.

Does the phrase "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" spring to mind?

It would only be a matter of time before someone jumped to their defence!

Freedom of speech ? I don't think so.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Here we go again

Every single time that a moderator on this forum applies the rules of the forum this ridiculous freedom of speech rant starts.

If you don't like the rules then don't use the forum, simple as that.

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Parksy,

Well said, I agree with you 100% it's a shame the amount of people who don't read the Forum Etiquette before they start their rants. They are probably the same ones who don'r read the smallprint on contracts and then complain when all is not what they thought they had signed for,

best regards, Martin

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy and Happy Lappy are 100% correct.

However it has to be said there have been numerous complaints on this forum about Swift and Bailey products and equally just as many praises if not more about them.

Would it be wrong for Mark to refer to his dealer as say Churchchester Caravans, or is something like that too close to the bone? I just wondered if there was some middle ground here?

It is also noteworthy that one or two complaints lead to a flurry of satisfied customers supporting the dealer. Maybe this is a good bit of negative advertising??

Anyway rules are rules and that's that.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Mark

You can write your problems down and give very good hints who you are talking about without gettng your posting removed. Just a small play on words and nobody gets upset. You get it off your chest and the Forum rules are mantained.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Quite correct Stephen

There's more than one way of skinning a cat ;0)

Swift and Bailey occupy a slightly unique position on this and other forums. They post on forums and are generally helpful to forum members and they sometimes have to read uncomfortable things about themselves.

One hopes that that the general feedback that they receive about their products compensates for some negative points about their products being aired on forums.

Forums act as instant focus groups for companies who grasp the nettle and use this medium correctly.

We relax the 'naming ' rule slightly where these companies are concerned but let's not forget that we also relax the 'no advertising' rule as well when it's otherwise strictly implemented.

Tom pointed out that he doesn't think that members would maliciously accuse dealers of poor service and I'm sure that's true but we can't check the facts one way or another on this forum.

'Freedom of speech' doesn't really apply in the case of internet forums such as this one because we're not dealing with speech.

We're dealing with the written word and forums which are capable of being edited by moderators such as this one is are adjudged to have 'published' the words appearing on the forum.

I'm as sympathetic as the next man towards anyone who feels less than satisfied with a service that they've paid for but in the context of 'internet publication' I have no choice other than to apply the rules.

no cats were harmed in the posting of this reply :0)

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Quite correct Stephen

There's more than one way of skinning a cat ;0)

Swift and Bailey occupy a slightly unique position on this and other forums. They post on forums and are generally helpful to forum members and they sometimes have to read uncomfortable things about themselves.

One hopes that that the general feedback that they receive about their products compensates for some negative points about their products being aired on forums.

Forums act as instant focus groups for companies who grasp the nettle and use this medium correctly.

We relax the 'naming ' rule slightly where these companies are concerned but let's not forget that we also relax the 'no advertising' rule as well when it's otherwise strictly implemented.

Tom pointed out that he doesn't think that members would maliciously accuse dealers of poor service and I'm sure that's true but we can't check the facts one way or another on this forum.

'Freedom of speech' doesn't really apply in the case of internet forums such as this one because we're not dealing with speech.

We're dealing with the written word and forums which are capable of being edited by moderators such as this one is are adjudged to have 'published' the words appearing on the forum.

I'm as sympathetic as the next man towards anyone who feels less than satisfied with a service that they've paid for but in the context of 'internet publication' I have no choice other than to apply the rules.

no cats were harmed in the posting of this reply :0)
Nice one Parky.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Mark

My view on this topic (which perhaps I may have to take some resonsibility for starting) is that with the name 'Practical Caravan' emblazened across the top of the web page they have to be careful. If you want to have a rant on your own webspace then I feel there will be no 'freedom of speach issues'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts