Chair advice

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
Not sure if I am searching for the impossible but.....Does anyone know of a comfortable, affordable lightweight chair that sits up enough to use at a table but reclines to be a comfy relaxer too?

Our outside table comes with some little stools which are too small.

Our old millets fold up chairs fold down fairly small but cut off the circulation to your legs after a while and are not really any good if trying to eat from a table.
I've seen these zero gravity recliner charis advertiesed at about £50-£60 for a pair. They look fairly comfy but does anyone know if htey get into a position where you could sensibly eat a meal from a table while sat in one?

Looking around the campsite today it looks like most people have chairs for around the table and others for lounging about with.

Maybe we have to resign ourselves to having to buy lots of different chairs for different purposes.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I will be watching closely to see if anyone has solved this dilemma! Nearly all comfortable chairs/recliners seem far too low to use at a standard height table. We usually just pile several pillows on the chairs when eating.

It shouldn't be beyond the imagination of a good mechanical design engineer to come up with a solution.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The new Isabella chairs I have appear to meet this need but are not cheap. The footrest is not integral but fits easily and quickly when required. Tested against the table supplied with our Coachman but put outside the caravan I think this will be just about ok.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
We have two different types of chairs , and we have 2 recliners which aren't cheap and we have 2 folding camping chairs as well as 4 little stools that go around our table that we have in the awning . You can't use the recliners at the table so they are used for chilling out and the other one's are used for eating.

Craig .

May 24, 2014
Visit site
As in a different thread, I have just purchased a pair of Vango Titan 2. We originally went to see the Kampa Duro 180 but I found the crossbars dug into the back of my hamstrings, very uncomfortable for me. The Vangos are incredibly comfortable. Different to the stuff you are looking at, but with a pillow or cushion pushed behind you the table issue shouldnt be apparent. We are lucky in the fact that our table is height adjustable, so comfort is far more important.
Winfields outdoors are doing them £20 cheaper than everywhere else.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Prof. Just ordered 4.

Fingers crossed I’ll be able to fit them in through the side access doors, and won’t have to lift the beds up ...

Will keep you informed and will review them after thoroughly testing :p

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Icaru5 said:

Fingers crossed I’ll be able to fit them in through the side access doors, and won’t have to lift the beds up ...

I could get one on the bike rack !! Watch you dont exceed your payload :p

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Everything you could want here :lol:

http://dentecnz.co.nz/images/product_images/Large_Ancar-Dental-Dentist-Chair-Equipment_Series-3_blue.jpg
Reclining and adjustable height, reading light, drinks dispenser, tray, toothpicks on hand, and retractable system for stopping knives forks and spoons falling on the floor, What more could you want? :S

If you were to bid more than Brazil you could buy a couple with the helicopter carrier OCEAN thrown in for free. So you could take your caravan to NZ and show it off!

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Icaru5 said:

I could get one on the bike rack !! Watch you dont exceed your payload :p

Now that sounds like a plan Craig ! - I reckon you could get all four on your bike rack. All we’d need then is Sparky’s Air Conditioning Unit and we’d be sorted ... :p

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Back on OP,we've got the outdoor revolution San remo chairs with add on footrest/stool,great piece of kit,approx £54 a chair and £20 footstool. Personally I liked the Isabella Thor chair but the other half preferred these.
Go to a few camping or caravan shops and sit in em all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts