Challenger Sport 442

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
The smaller of the two types do most caravans. We have the smaller ones on the present Swift Challenger and they were on the previous Swift caravan 1500Kg MTPLM. We have the lighter of the two types of Alko sidelift jack.
Tip: Always use them with the caravan coupled to the car, as this is safer, preventing any chance of the caravan swivelling around on the jockey wheel.

Reactions: Raywood

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Many thanks, is it essential that the Alko jack is used or would my Volvo scissor jack suffice
The Alko jacking point requires a special fitment provided on the Alko jack. The Alko jack is designed to tilt as the side of the caravan is lifted, and at the same time avoid applying a bending force to the caravan chassis C section. Whilst it is possible to manufacture an adaptor to use a car side lift jack, you would need to really know what you are doing to avoid the risk of a nasty accident causing injury or damage to the caravan chassis. A car scissor jack would be no good - possibly lethal! For what is involved, I recommend you buy the Alko brackets new and use an Alko jack. I found a place in the car boot to store the Alko jack so its not a problem.

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Good morning Vulcan.
I have an Alko side lift jack complete with brackets in my garage.
I removed it from my caravan prior to having an E&P self levelling system fitted.
It's the heavy duty 1000kg version but it will fit any caravan with an ALKO chassis built in the last ten or so years.
I'm not too clear on the rules on selling on this site if someone can enlighten me please?
Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021
Visit site
Good morning Vulcan.
I have an Alko side lift jack complete with brackets in my garage.
I removed it from my caravan prior to having an E&P self levelling system fitted.
It's the heavy duty 1000kg version but it will fit any caravan with an ALKO chassis built in the last ten or so years.
I'm not too clear on the rules on selling on this site if someone can enlighten me please?
Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks,
Steve
Many thanks, could you please let me know your price, I assume it will fit the standard two holes in my alko chassis

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
I have now posted an advert in the Marketplace with all details.
Caravans with an AlKo chassis have the holes for the jacking point bracket pre-drilled.
Thank you.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
All adverts from forum members are held for approval by moderators who then approve suitable adverts.
This precaution is to prevent unauthorised commercial advertising or inappropriate content.
The time delay is dependent on when we see the advert on hold.
I've been out this afternoon, Damian is busy so apologies for the delay but the advert is on Market Place now.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
How do you access the private messaging facility?
Look at the blue title header and on the right hand side you'll see a small envelope icon.
Click on it, then in the dialogue box click on the Start New Conversation breadcrumb (bottom right), enter the forum username into the forum message box and send your message

Reactions: Anseo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts