Change of email address no allowed??

Sep 29, 2007
Visit site
My present email outfit is closing soon (gee thanks BBC!) but when I try to change my profile I get an Incorrect Password message. Can the email address be change and if so, how?

Maybe a dead email addy doesn't matter of course...

Bryn

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear, something else that has broken.

I'll report it to the techies.

In the meantime it's probably easiest if you register again, with your new email address, and your password.

May 20, 2008
Visit site

In the meantime it's probably easiest if you register again, with your new email address, and your password.

Thanks Ken.

I tried to register afresh with another email address, but in spite of filling in all the fields I got the message telling me to fill all those marked with an asterisk (which of course I'd done). Gave up after several goes. Maybe I'll just leave things as they are - after all the email address is just an identifier, it doesn't have to be a real address does it...

Bryn

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site

It's actually against forum rules to log in with a false email address, as we need to be able to contact you personally in case of a problem post.

Could you email me the email address and password you are trying to regsiter with, and I'll see if I can get it to register, or pass it on to the techies to activate.

pcvforum@templenet.co.uk

May 21, 2008
Visit site

I tried again and it might have worked. Maybe using the same password with a different email address was the problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts