Change of Towcar

May 8, 2005
Visit site
I am looking at changing my towcar for either a Freelander TD4 or ford Galaxy Ghia 1.9TDi spending about 12k, I did look a a 51 shogun sport but fueling this would need a petrol tanker in tow, I tow a 2003 Compass Omega what are peoples views on both of these cars.

Any info would be good.

Cheers

Steve

May 10, 2005
Visit site
can anyone advise on keeping peugeot 406 cool.it is a great towcar but tends to get very warm on long inclines.We are going to Italy in June.The last time we went in 2003, the temp gauge was almost touching red in Switzerland.The car is a 2.1 turbo diesel,with a manual gear-box.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
can anyone advise on keeping peugeot 406 cool.it is a great towcar but tends to get very warm on long inclines.We are going to Italy in June.The last time we went in 2003, the temp gauge was almost touching red in Switzerland.The car is a 2.1 turbo diesel,with a manual gear-box.
Assuming that you have checked all the obvious culprits such as the fan and that the radiator honeycomb is clear, then you could fit an additional fan such as Kenlowe.

Alternatively if the problem only occurs occasionally when towing in warm climes, especially in mountains, open all your window and put the heater on full. Uncomfortable but effective.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
HELLO STEVEN, I changed from a landrover discovery to a galaxy diesel tdi, the landrover was a great car to tow with but running it to work every day was proving very expensive. obviously the freelander is going to be a little cheaper to run than a discovery. my galaxy is a zetec 1.9 tdi 130 bhp with a manual six speed gearbox and it tows my coachman laser 590/4 with absolute ease. it returns 55 miles to the gallon solo and round about 37 with the van on tow, but i do drive it steadily, by steady i mean i do not thrash it from stand but we do tow at the upper limits. i can highly recomend this car for your van.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts