Changing insurance company after accident

Apr 10, 2006
Visit site
Hi, can any experts offer an opinion? Our caravan insurance company will only allow us to keep our caravan at a CASSOA Gold site (the only one around is where we are storing now and it's a long way from where we have just moved house to.)There are no other storage sites nearby which they will allow us to use. We could really do with changing our insurance company only so that we can store it at a closer storage facility but my husband had an accident to the van approx 2 years ago when he was new to towing - and now it seems we cannot be covered by anyone else. we are stuck with storing our van miles and miles away and iam worried it might curb our enthusiasm with it being such a trek. anyone else had this problem? Thanks

Sharon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had an accident last year when insured with N F U.

Because the Caravan Club will also give trailer insurance we insured with them this year.

There was no problem other than CC will not allow NCB if there has been a claim with the previous insurer.

You have to earn it with them

We had quotes from other companies as well with no problems.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I don't think many insurers would refuse cover because of one accident, unless it was a pretty major accident. Could there be any other reason, do you have a foriegn 'van for example?

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi sharon i havent had that problem but we bought a new van in oct 05 and i must have phoned every insurance going.i found the best policy the caravan club.they dont ask stupied questions?.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts