charging battery

Mar 11, 2006
Visit site
I have my van hooked up to the mains for charging the battery, can I leave hooked up all the time or will I cook the battery? As far as I am aware when you are on a hook up, I assume you are automatically trickle charging the battery, is this right.??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
tony, most charger units have an on /off switch built into them. Having said that the output of the charger is only 13.8v so there is no likelyhood of cooking the battery. Any good unit will have regulation in any case.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Tony, my battery is hooked up all the time at home and its fine. I move the caravan with a remote mover via the battery with no loss of power. The battery has been plugged in for 18 months bar being on the road.

Hope this helps

Kevin H

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Tony

3 weeks a go we when away in ower caravan and the battery when flat to cut it short I throat that the one in the van would charge it up but when I got back to store the caravan the mote mover would not work. So I phoned the deal to see if the mote move had stop work but he said if the battery had got flat then the charger in the van would not charge it fully so it would be better to get a charger to do it.

I hop that helps

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony

Our Coachman, which we bought new four years ago, has been stored at home and hooked up to mains the whole time.

There have been no problems and the battery is still OK.

Clarky.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts