Cheap Camping over the water

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
£4.7p per night for up to 13 nights.

Communal baths!

Plenty of good humble pie on the local menu's.

New sites a little uneven after being dug up by tearfull distraught Welsh Rugby Fans.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hubby went to watch everton play today, so he recorded the rugby for when he gets home.

I couldn't bare to watch it, but I guess he will crow all night.....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What do you call a guy dressed in green and blue playing for England?

The referee!

It was a good win for England and the odds were on for an England win. Any team has a real task trying to get a result at Twickenham.

It was a good close contest until some of refereeing decisions set up the situation where the score flattered the Whites.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

The referee!

It was a good win for England and the odds were on for an England win. Any team has a real task trying to get a result at Twickenham.

It was a good close contest until some of refereeing decisions set up the situation where the score flattered the Whites.
They came back at the end of the first half Clive but collapsed in the last quarter. Was a good game though and I'm not just saying that cos we won.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Has to go out and listened on the radio , have sinced watched the video.

If you watch closely you see agro from some of the Welsh players off the ball. All to often I've seen this with some welsh guys, they should get fired up wth the ball not off the ball.

What was going on with the welsh hair?

They really need to remember that Brains between the ears wins games not brains on the shirt front ;-)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

The referee!

....btw Clive, thats the first comment Ive seen regarding the ref, are you sure its not sour grapes ;O) I never saw those comments on T.V. or in the press but saying that I never read the Welsh Press :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

The referee!

Why am I not surprised that the English TV coverage did not focus on the refs decisions.

Here are a couple that spring to mind -

1. Martin Williams was sent to the sin bin for an offence that all teams are guilty of - obstruction on the restart. This was a penalty offence, not a yellow card.

2. Welsh possession at a ruck on the English 5 metre, Dwain Peel has the ball knocked away by offside players - lost possession.

3. Michael Owens forward pass in the Wales in-goal area. This was shown on Welsh TV and it was a very dubious decision the pass was flat. This was compared with a pass in an English attack that was almost a try, where the boffins could mark where the ball was passed and where it was received and it was shown to be 5 yes 5 yards forward.

4. Healy's try was from his own blatant knock on.

Shall I go on?

All I was saying was that the best team won - no doubt, but the margin was out of proportion.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

The referee!

They did Clive (Cardiff) English TV did show some if not all the ref's mistakes, the Welsh commentator didn't let anything pass. Both teams got away with fouls as they normally do, but there wasn't much bias with the TV coverage. At the end of the day, home advantage counts for a lot; I think we should wait to see what happens with the rest of the games before we get excited. Poor France though, eh? ;o)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts