Cheap dehumidifiers and they work well

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul,I'm not a great fan of dehumidifiers as I fear all they do is draw in moisture from outside the van though the vents. I prefer to leave a small heater running when the weather is not to good. Brian.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
these dehumidifiers for caravans are pretty useless really,lets face it,its not an enclosed space as a house where doors and windows can be closed to shut off air flow into the house. the gas drops and vents in a caravan cannot be closed off(well they shouldn't)therefore damp air moisture is ALWAYS GOING TO BE PRESENT,therefore the dehumidifier is working constantly to take the never ending moisture out.its a viscious circle really,a small heater would be much more suitable.mind you i certainly would not use one unsupervised for long periods(storage)

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
If you use an accurate humidity meter inside your caravan, you'd notice that levels can drop below 25% in winter caravanning, because the cold outside air can't hold much moisture.

Under these circumstances a humidifier is needed, not a de-humidifier - or get the leaks fixed!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts