Cheap Thetford toilet pump alternative

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Just fixed the toilet flush on my Thetford c260 loo.
The original Thetford branded pump was shot, tried freeing off as per the many yootoob videos but it was popping the fuse when trying to run.
I really didn't want to pay the £50 Thetford want for the OEM replacement.
Purchased a Comet elegant pump from Amazon for £16.50.
You have to cut off the connector from the old pump and attach to the new one, I used brass bullet connectors.
Bit of a faff but the pump flows better than the old one ever did.
😎

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The original Thetford branded pump was shot, tried freeing off as per the many yootoob videos but it was popping the fuse when trying to run.
You have to cut off the connector from the old pump and attach to the new one, I used brass bullet connectors.
😎
I had the Flojet pump fail just prior to going away. Most caravan outlets were stock out, so I got one from a general pump supplier, overnight delivery and it was half the price being asked by the caravan outlets.

Reactions: Bluetonic
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I had the Flojet pump fail just prior to going away. Most caravan outlets were stock out, so I got one from a general pump supplier, overnight delivery and it was half the price being asked by the caravan outlets.
What many people forget is that it is highly unlikely many components, excluding body and internal panels, are made specifically for a caravan brand or the caravan industry in general i.e. pumps as the cost would be astronomical for a short run. Most caravans share the same components.
Looking elsewhere and not using the caravan brand name you will find many similar products and Clive's is a good example.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
😎
Looks like you are handy at repairing with your hands very reasonable priced When our toilet flush had a new pump it would still not work but in the end the caravan repairer rewired it now working great :)

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
When my daughters old Bailey caravan had a problem with the electric pump we replaced it with a manual version. Much cheaper and less to go wrong. Looks like on the latest versions this wouldn't be an option.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts