Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
We are spending the weekend before Easter at the CC Cheddar site. I'm wondering if anything will be open, as most attractions seem to open Easter weekend. If you've been there, what's the site like and what is there to do?

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo

We stayed there last Summer for a week. Overall it was ok. Not all pitches were level and the centre of the main area had a dirty great dip in it which we avoided because there was other spaces but as the site filled up people were forced to use this area and were not impressed. There were not hook-up points for everyone, again we got one but late arrives had to go without The CC had not long took it over and we were told that vast improvements were planned over the winter so it should, with a bit of luck, be to high CC standards by now. Perhaps someone will post who has been more recently. We would definitely go back it is a lovely area. A visit to the gorge is a must.

PS

The warden who was there at the time was a right little Hitler. I found his escapades really quite amusing and he gave me hours of fun but I know he upset some families. I got the impression he was anti-children although mine escaped his wrath, perhaps they are better behaved than I give them credit for.

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
I live in Cheddar about 1/2 a mile from the site. I have not been to look at it but judging by local planning applications they have done some work to it over the winter period.

Virtually all of Cheddar is open at the Easter weekend and can get quite busy at times. Depends on the weather if it is really warm and sunny people tend to head to the beach at Weston or Burnham / Brean.

Plenty to do in Cheddar for a weekend. I think they sell an all in ticket to see everything, both Cox's & Goughs caves, open top bus trip and a climb up Jacobs Ladder.

Seven pubs most serve food plus plenty of other cafes and restaurants.

The site is within easy walk of the village (5 mins) and the bottom of the gorge (10 mins) but the first hundred yards is around a tight bend without a pavement.

Have a look at http://www.cheddarsomerset.co.uk/ for more info

Cheers

Richard

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts