Cheekiest scam yet?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nothing to do with caravanning, but this just happened to me and I thought, "That has got to be the cheekiest scam yet".

Knock on the door.

Him. Hello Sir, do you buy products from door to door salesmen?

Me. No, we try to avoid it, why?

Him. Well, we are running a campaign against bothersome door-to-door salesmen in this area.

Me. Oh, how's that done then?

Him. We place a sticker on your front door that says no "salesmen please."

(Shows a stack of cheap, waterproof stickers with "no to salesmen etc, etc printed on them)

Me. Ok, with you so far.

Him. Yes Sir, would you like me to place one on your door, they are self-adhesive.

Me. Ok (smiles and thinks what a nice chap)

Him. Right Sir, that will be £1.00 towards the fund!

(Clogs whir, thought process wake from slumber)

Me. Unprintable......

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
My normal way of deling with these is to ask them to wait a sec.

Then go back to what I was doing. 10 mins later they knock the door, I answer and say sorry, had to do "insert anything" then say won't be a sec and again go back to what I was doing. They usually get the point at this stage

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a 15 stone newfoundland thats scared of his own shadow, gets bullied by the cat and leaps on your knee like scooby doo, BUT he looks like he can eat a salesman with one munch and you have to hold him back because he wants to slobber on the visitor, But heh they don't know that and don't stop to find out....

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I usually ask them to hang on a mo just got to take the pan off the cooker. I go into the kitchen and let the dogs out of the back door, then race back to the front door in time to see the salesman volting over the fence to avoid two 35-40 Kg Labradors in hot pursuit!!

Oct 16, 2005
Visit site
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLD ME VAN TO IRISH TINKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAITING FOR HIM TO TURN UP WITH ME MONEY FOR TWO WEEKS, ANYBODY SEEN HIM TELL HIM I'M STILL WAITNG FOR HIM.

Jun 28, 2005
Visit site
you should be glad he hasnt turned up.if he took your van,and anything went wrong within 2 years he would be banging on your door wanting his money back,and threatening to do you in

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts