Chemical taste in water from our Water Hog water barrel

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
After sterilising our water system this year with a product sold for purpose at most caravan accessory shops, water from our Water Hog barrel has a chemical taste. We have flushed the system out a number of times, but the taste remains. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Buy bottled water! The cheapest one will do. At least it is clean and doesn't have a bad taste. If it's only to boil the kettle it's ideal. You can get 5 litres for less than

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
We always use a water filter jug for drinking water (tea,coffe etc) it helps with taste of plastics and natural variation of water taste on different sites. This in addition to a filter cartridge on the pick up hose in your Water-hog/Aqua-roll.

If it is in tea/coffee we also found the funny taste came from a cheap plastic kettle we first had.

Bill D.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kath

I suspect your water filter , either on end of pipe in Water Hog or inline filter has become tainted.

You may have to replace.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Kath may I suggest you only use your Water Hog for showering and washing with.

We always use bottled water and as it has already been said you can buy 5ltrs for a quid.

Maybe its just me but I only have to change area to another water supplier and my stomach is everywhere .

I have recently bought a Water Hog and after many top ups I still get the white plastic floating on the top .

Good L:uck

Sir Roger

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
It won't do you any harm and will clear the more you use. certainly wouldn't bother with seperate water/bottled water. Having drunk from the barrel all my life it hasn't done me any harm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts