Chemical taste in Water

May 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi
Can anyone tell me the possible cause of a chemical type taste from the cold tap in the caravan this has been present from new.
Possible cheap pipes?
Derek Reading

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you mean a TCP type taste, then it is due to the pipework and was well known to be a problem at the time.
Most owners who found this problem had their pipes replaced under warranty, but the age of your van would now exclude warranty.
If you have owned the van since new, why did you not query the taste with your dealer?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Normally I always streilise the onboard water tank, aquaroll & the whole system two days before we go away, last week we went away at short notice & I decided I would run the milton throughout the system as we were setting up & then flush it through, well I must not have flushed it for long enough ( X 3 aquarolls full ) as it could still be slightly smelled when running the taps, funny though the next day after the tank was emptied & refilled the smell had gone........
Could this be some of the problem ???

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Cheap pipes or not, we don't bother drinking from the tap. As you actually drink such a small quantity we simply use either bottled water or fill up an old 5 litre bottle and filter it.

May 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi
I have taken this up in the past with them but with very little help. I have taken out an extended warranty so will try again, i have already had a new fridge at 3yrs 2m

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts