Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anyone help with a problem. I have a refund from a French campsite - but it's a BNP Paribas cheque and in Euros. How can I cash it? My bank want to charge and astronomical sum to pay it into my account - Arghhhh!!

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The only way that I can think of of avoiding costly international charges is to either,

a) Cash the cheque in France (wait until you go there again next time or find someone trustworthy with a French bank account who could do it for you and give you the money later)

b) Ask the campsite whether they would credit your credit card account, in which case you would have to return the cheque.

Maybe someone has further alternative suggestions, though.

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Aaargh indeed! The perennial problem of making payments in Euros when credit cards cannot be used! Recently we came across this obstacle (not for the first time!). The solution was provided by Paypal, simple and relatively cheap. Obviously both parties need PayPal accounts. For two other of our French summer campsite bookings we have had to send cash - on one occasion 75 Euros. Risky, but it worked.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts