Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Folks any information on a good value for money site at Chester for my wife and self for a few days break in the next few weeks. Many thanks in anticipation.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin

The Chester CC site is close to lots of "amenities" at Cheshire Oaks Usual "designer" outlets, cinema, TGI, Pizza Hut etc. Also has a Sainsbury,s. All within walking distance.However,to go in to Chester, you have to use the park and ride unless you have a bottomless pocket for NCP's !There is a CL called Digby Farm which is open all year and has hook up and part hard standing according to the description. It's half the price.I haven't seen the actual site but the area is OK and there is a shopping centre very close by at Broughton ( Tesco)The area has a rural feel.Most of the area surrounding Chester is very flat as it's bang in the middle of the Cheshire plain.Chester town centre is very nice, good days out can be had at Liverpool (Albert Dock, meuseums etc) or drive into North Wales.LLandudno is very nice,Betws Y Coed likewise. A drive to Ruthin then over the Horseshoe Pass to LLangollen is very scenic.If you wait til the National Trust properties are open, Chirk Castle and Erddig are worth a visit.

Where ever you end up, enjoy and make sure you visit the real Wales !!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Rioja - thanks for your help - I will contact the CC and see what info is available. Incidently the real Wales is west of Offas Dike and incorporates south, west, mid and northe Wales. can't give those other lot the wrong impression of Wales old boy, they may make fun of us.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rioja - thanks for your help - I will contact the CC and see what info is available. Incidently the real Wales is west of Offas Dike and incorporates south, west, mid and northe Wales. can't give those other lot the wrong impression of Wales old boy, they may make fun of us.
........ and why should us English change a centuries old tradition Colin?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts