Chichester Caravans Uckfield

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
May I just say how happy we have been with the totally professional service and fantastic handover we received.

It almost made handing over the money for our new Pageant Bretagne pleasurable!!!

Even though we were trading in a Ranger S5 caravan with similar appliances, we were shown everything working with all services connected up. This was far more thorough than the handover when got our Ranger as complete caravan beginners.

Many thanks to Charles and all his team.

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
hi zafiral

I also brought my last 3 vans from chichester caravans but not the uckfield branch i also thought the service was good but please be aware i said thought!! they are great when you are handing over lots of cash but wait till you need warrenty work doing there totaly diffent then i wouldnt trust them with my push bike you have been warned!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Charles and the team at Uckfield are fantastic,would not go anyware else.

PS How much is that awning now Charles?

only joking

Roy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just been away to site close to Chichester and our Gas Regulator failed, so off we went to Chichester caravans whom advised that only a qualified gas engineer should replace the Regulator, cost of new unit was

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Re Chichester Caravans.

We where changing our caravan last year so the trawl of dealers started we visited 4 the above offered us 2000 less on our trade in(compared to 2 of the dealers we visited) and no discount or free bees for a cash deal.

So in future i will stay well clear of them .

The P**t of a salesman we where dealing with made it crystal clear he didnt want to deal with us (and they had the van we wanted in stock)so off we went and we have vowed never to return there .Tom

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
Living where we do we have 2 branches of Chichester Caravans within 20 miles of us, although our closest dealer is a make of Land Rover, D********y. When we had our first caravan, an old Monza we were totally put off by the attitude of the staff at the now D********y site. When we were looking to buy a new caravan we went where we had received great service for the spares we required for the Monza, Chichester in Chichester and bought a new Bailey Discovery, since then we have purchased another new Bailey from Winchester branch. Both sites have dealt with our servicing and warranty repairs in an efficient way and we would have no hesitation in recommending either of them. By the way all the accessories/parts we have bought have always been cheaper at Chichester Caravans than at D*******y Leisure.

Sep 1, 2008
Visit site
We purchased our Sterling Eccles from Chichester Caravans at Chichester in September last year (it is an'03 model) and they delivered it to site for us. The weather was foul but we still got a full hour's worth of setting up and checking (the salesman was as soaked as we were by the time he fdinished). The van had been beautifully prepared and PDI'd and they gave us an excellent trade-in on our old 'van. They also went out of their way to collect our old 'van earlier in the week. I guess some people are unlucky, as it seems that all dealers have customers who rate them and others who hate them.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
More praise for Chichester Caravans Uckfield.

We store about 60 miles away from Uckfield so 'popping back' is not really possible. We had a couple of niggles including a slightly slipping mover and a dangling car connector cable and I phoned on Friday to say we were passing near to them on Monday and could I pop in and have these things looked at.

No problem at all and we were swiftly seen to and on our way 30 mins later.

Many thanks to Charles, Andy and the rest of the team.

Sep 20, 2006
Visit site
More praise for Chichester Caravans Uckfield.

We store about 60 miles away from Uckfield so 'popping back' is not really possible. We had a couple of niggles including a slightly slipping mover and a dangling car connector cable and I phoned on Friday to say we were passing near to them on Monday and could I pop in and have these things looked at.

No problem at all and we were swiftly seen to and on our way 30 mins later.

Many thanks to Charles, Andy and the rest of the team.
Chichester Caravans are very good at selling good at handovers

but when it comes to warranty work its not the same

you treated are very badly but show interest in a new van and then they are like your long lost friends and nothing is too much trouble

Sep 20, 2006
Visit site

you treated are very badly but show interest in a new van and then they are like your long lost friends and nothing is too much trouble

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

Aye, they're not the only ones to let the customer down when they are needed most, but what surprises me is that your post has not been removed by admin on the site.

I posted to complain about the service from our dealer and the manufacturer of our caravan, and had the post stopped dead in it's tracks!

I was told I was using the post as a 'lever' to force some action to be taken, whuich is incorrect as plans are in place for doing what needs done, and both dealership and manufacturer knew I intended top post anyway. I only wanted to warn others of te pitfalls in buying the item and from that particular dealerhip.

It appears I was in breach of a rule which states "You may not transmit complaints about named companies or caravan parks", which made me wonder why we have a forum at all.

Should we not let others have prior warning of potential problems, like you have done here?

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Aye, they're not the only dealership to let the customer down when they are needed most, but what surprises me is that your post has not been removed by admin on the site.

I posted to complain about the service from our dealer and the manufacturer of our caravan, and had the post stopped dead in it's tracks!

I was told I was using the post as a 'lever' to force some action to be taken, whuich is incorrect as plans are in place for doing what needs done, and both dealership and manufacturer knew I intended top post anyway. I only wanted to warn others of te pitfalls in buying the item and from that particular dealerhip.

It appears I was in breach of a rule which states "You may not transmit complaints about named companies or caravan parks", which made me wonder why we have a forum at all.

Should we not let others have prior warning of potential problems, like you have done here?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The OP was actually in praise of the Dealership , one banch of it anyway.

As happens, the subject does get drawn away from the original, but overall it is a balanced topic, both praise and negative.

It is a requiremnt of the forum that any dispute is taken up with the only people who can do anything about it, namely the Dealer in the first instance, as that is who you have the contract wth, and secondly the manufacturer if they are willing to get involved, and thirdly with your legal representative if the first two fail to satsify.

It is not acceptable to make anyone aware of "possible" or "potential" problems as each customer of a dealership will have their own views on their individual treatment.

It is not acceptable for a basically one sided posting to run a dealer down on one persons experience, which cannot be verified independently.

Haymarket have set the rules, and as Mods we are required to abide by them, as are users of the forum.

The bigger manufacturers contribute to the forum, and in most cases step in and sort out problems of a known nature,Swift being the most notable, followed by Bailey.

They do not HAVE to do this, but realise that it is very good customer service, and both offer a private way of passing details to them, rather than posting personal details on site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts