children on caravan club sites

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 12, 2006
Visit site
William " As a father of two I brought my caravan to spend quality time as a family"

We bought our caravan with specific thought in mind of taking our granddaughter away with us for holidays. Thus giving us the pleasure of our granddaughter and our Son & Daughter in Law some quality time of their own. That sounds as though they don't care for their daughter very much which is not the case.

Everyone needs a little relaxation at times be it Parents, or Grand Parents. What's required to ensure that objective is met.?? Well it's not family only sites or Adult only sites. It's consideration for other people, and other peoples property.

Nothing Else

Frank

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
I believe that the original point of this post was about given Children a break and making caravanning family friendly again, what I was trying to say is that if you are not interested in doing this, then book a site where you will not expect to find families with children

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I don`t think there is any dispute that caravanning should be family-friendly, I just don`t think that adults wanting a little peace, quiet and relaxation should be excluded from a site which may be in the right location with the right amenities simply because bad parents can`t be bothered or don`t expect to have to control their kids.

Mind you, a lot of them don`t do it at home either, so why change?

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
More from me,

I do not let my kids kick a ball near any caravan, I would not want a dent etc on my van and I would not want it to happen to someone else's van. What I do not like is when people frown upon children for walking or running, or playing near their caravan, they look at children as though they have an infectious disease. People should remember that they were young once, but I suspose in their day if their shoe lace was was undone they were hit with the boiler stick.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
QUOTE: 'but I suspose in their day if their shoe lace was was undone they were hit with the boiler stick' UNQUOTE

Sorry but that's really funny Danny.......

My mum tells me they were made to stand in the corner wearing a dunces cap if they got their sums wrong in class.

Lisa

May 27, 2006
Visit site
Places tin hat on and gets ready to run and hide.The original post says that they were in a large open area (not a quote)however it did not say it was a CC site so it is possible the site did not have a no ball game rule for him and his children to abide by.I can see both sides of the argument in that children have to play somwhere and these appear to well mannered and 'controlled' on the other side of the equation I suppose even a soft ball or sponge frisby could scratch a car or van.However maybe a little tolerance is called for and nearby people were concerned a quiet word with the prents if approached in the right way will usually solve the potential problem.
The thread title is actually

'children on caravan club sites'

Please note the reference to 'caravan club sites' in it

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Plotter, please note this topic is about children on CC sites as the heading suggests.I think its fair to say that things have come a long way since our days of playing the part of "just being children" and not always for the better sadly.Caravanning is not exempt from changes within the society we now find ourselves and sadly children seem to be the most talked about subject within this hobby/pastime of ours.I suppose there are many factors as to why people react differently when on site,those with kids and those without, the quiet people or the lager lout, the happy-go-lucky or the green with envy, all of which have been on this site at some point or other, and thats a fact. I dont blame kids for on-site antics, that process called upbringing,sits firmly on the shoulders of any parent.I suppose I went off-track there but as for CC sites, rules say no ball games and rules are rules or my point in this thread is useless.

May 15, 2006
Visit site
unfortunatly some people cannot abide by the rules, just like drivers and mobile phones there's still the clever ones out there who consider it their right to carry on using them. Most sites with play fields have notices up but there's still some out there who ignore them, the cc club have made a rule because so many caravans were being damaged, mine included by a leather football i was not happy and the parents of the kids involved comments were, well its insured is'nt it. just last year a parent kicked a ball to his son it ploughed straight into the side of my new car not even a sorry just picked up the ball and carried on playing until i complained to the warden Its not the fact if its insured the point i'm affraid its the inconvenience of getting the repairs done afterwards and having someone else damage your property.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Again the thread is turning into an unnesessary battle between those who agree with a CC rule and those who don't.

It is understandable that parents would want their children to play close to the caravan so they can keep an eye on them. Plenty of games can be played without a ball being involved if that is what you want.

The no ball games rule is sensible and it was introduced for valid reasons.

So I suggest, if you are a concerned parent, and you want your children to play football or cricket etc; why not go to the play area with them and actually play with your children?

This must be better than using the excuse that the big bad world is not a safe place to leave children alone.

I also find it amazing that all the "pro" ball games posters are the perfect parent who never let their children play close to other caravans, however, onsite we still see it happening and the damage still occurs. Perhaps the parents that don't care don't contribute to the forum?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
"Ban all kids from caravan sites all together"

Unfortunately people with kids do not have the luxury of "family only" sites There is however the choice of "Adult only" sites for those who feel that strongly about it , which I am sure is a VERY small minority

Brian
Seems the moderator has once again over reacted to my post which was supposed to be tongue in the cheek and not meant to cause offence or argument.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Places tin hat on and gets ready to run and hide.The original post says that they were in a large open area (not a quote)however it did not say it was a CC site so it is possible the site did not have a no ball game rule for him and his children to abide by.I can see both sides of the argument in that children have to play somwhere and these appear to well mannered and 'controlled' on the other side of the equation I suppose even a soft ball or sponge frisby could scratch a car or van.However maybe a little tolerance is called for and nearby people were concerned a quiet word with the prents if approached in the right way will usually solve the potential problem.
I knew that but was checking to see if everyone else noticed:eek:)(red face)

TRENDING THREADS