Children on sites

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
As the moderator in their infinite wisdom closed the last thread on the above, I do not know if Philip eventually understood my original post regarding kids on sites and that it was very tongue in the cheek and not meant to cause any offence.

We do not really like strange or unknown kids coming up to our caravan as we have had them banging on the awning to "see" the dogs but by the same token we have had other kids who have come up to us and asked if they can see the dogs. There is no problem with the latter and they are always welcome.

Initially it must look as if we are frowning at them as we are very wary about what is going to happen next. This obviously gives the impression that we do not want them near our caravan which is what Philip was on about and if I put it across in my second post the wrong way, then I apologise unreservedly. I should have generalised instead of being specific as it was supposed to be in general and not aimed at any individual.

At the end of the day, either way, it is the parents who decide on a child's behaviour whether on a caravan park or in another public place. Don't blame the kids, blame the parents but by the same token find a way to praise well behaved kids as it will only be beneicial to all. There is good and bad in all walks of life and we have no objection to well behaved responsible kids and parents anywhere who only want to enjoy themselves.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Ian

I commiserate with you having your post interpreted wrong its one of the major downsides of this forum in my opinion that it lacks emoticons. I use lots of forums on a variety of subjects and the times I have read a thread and feel my blood pressure rising to the point that near the end I am ready to get in my car and drive two hundred miles to thump someone on the nose only to find at the end there is a yellow smiley and everything is all right again.

It's the downside of putting things in writing, you may type it with a smile on your face but its reads as though its been typed in anger.

I personally cannot understand why this forum is not updated it would save no end of issues with misunderstood posts and ultimately work for the mods. Who incidentally I think should lighten up a bit ;0)

It would seem not a difficult thing to do, someone who posts on here has created a forum for the Nothants area it took him a few days and its superb.

In the meantime though I guess we need to work with what we have and try to be a little more understanding of other peoples, likes, dislikes and opinions.

As for children on sites well they will still be there and no doubt still get into little rucks and probably annoy some folk from time to time but hey that's all part of the rich tapestry of life.

Great big yellow smiley thing.

Aug 30, 2007
Visit site
Entirely agree with both posts - especially as having posted once before that we now prefer Adult only sites - I was treated to some quite choice verbage re "age" and "hate".

So I also miss the little yellow smiley faces.

And suggest that some people think a bit before hitting the "submit" key!!!!!!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Come on moderator, how about giving us acces to emoticons? It may save you a lot of hassle as there will probably be fewer misunderstandings.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Believe me, I'd like nothing better than to see loads of yellow smiley things. That would mean our forum had been updated.

I'm told that things are in development. From the time it's taking it should be good. ;-)

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
My lads do part time work to pay for their watersports habit and expensive clothing style. They've twice had very rude comments directed at them from boozy caravanners when just walking back to the caravan from the beach.

They just laugh each time, what's the problem here?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts