Chrysler 300c

Dec 27, 2006
Visit site
I believe one the caravan magazines did a test on the 300C only thing they didnt like was the brakes, saying that give one a test drive and see how it feels. One other point worth checking is the manufacturers towing limit as some US saloons are very low compared to their kerb weight.

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Kelvin,

As Del has mentioned, have a test drive and try the brakes.

We hired one last year out in Florida and while I enjoyed wallowing around in all that luxury and giving the 5.7 ltr engine some work to do, I also thought the brakes could have been better. They worked all right, just didn't have any feel to them. I also wonder whether or not the suspension may be too soft to cope with a caravan on the back, the US version definately felt so.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kelvin,

PC and the CC have tested the estate version and rated it pretty highly. PC compared it directly with the Volvo V70 and the Volvo only very narrowly came out top overall, they did concede however, that the 300c was a better actual towcar.

It has a lot going for it, high kerbweieght,ample max tow,a large powerful V6 diesel, rearwheel drive and economy of about 30mpg towing.

I was on a CL next to a Swift Conker towed by one of these last year and it certainly looked the biz, it seemed to haul the Swift, which must be almost 1900kg with no problems.

I think it would make a good alternative to a Merc e-class and probably about half the cost - It would be on my shortlist if I was in the market that's for sure!

TRENDING THREADS