ci sprite muskateer

Jul 12, 2007
Visit site
hi guys totally new to the whole caravan thing so any help will be of great help.

Just bought our first van a ci sprite (1982 i think), had great fun in it the last three days and learned a little about the whole caravaning culture!!!! Anyway my first thing i need help with is how do i measure for an awning i see the rails on the ouside of the van but have not got a clue where to start!!!

Secondly i am towing with my 2.5 diesel transit van which is about the same width and hieght give or take an inch or two, do i need a stabilizer and what are the advantages thanks Gary

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Amanda welcome to the clan. Awnings, measure from ground to ground, along the awning rail, then the hieght of the rail from the ground in the center of the van. Over the years manufacturers have built vans with differant hieght roof lines so taking this last measurment may help the sales person to size the awning to the van. Generally speaking you should only need the ground to ground measurement. I dont know what type of hitch is fitted to this age of van, but a blade type stablizer should do the trick, as you are towing with a Transit. Tow-sure on line may be a guide as to what to pay for these items. Have a look in the mags and the local rag there may be some one selling up. Best of luck Bazz.

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi. I run a Sprite Compact, which is a pop-top version of the Musketeer, I believe.

Ebay should be a good source for an awning for this sort of older van, and you may well find one that once was used with a Musketeer.

I tow with a Range Rover, which could be considered in much the same towing category as a Transit, and have never felt the slightest need for a stabiliser - put your heavy luggage in the vehicle (including the awning), get the noseweight right, and you should never have a problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts