Citroen C Crosser

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Dooes anybobdy have one of these vehicles or the Peugeot 4007 equivalent and done a fair bit of towing?

I had a test drive and was very impressed after having 2 Nissan X Trails but I would be interested in the thoughts of other forum members.

I could not find in the brochure the max. towball weight so perhaps someone could give me that information.

Thanks in advance

Clive S

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
I looked at one of these when they first came out but was put off by the fact you can't open the bottom part of the tailgate with a towbar fitted. It would make it too inconvienient to get my dog in and out with the van on the back.

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Clive

The only thing with Citroen and I have found this at my own Cost.The resale price/trade-in makes your hart mis a beat.There great car,s but you get nothing after 3 year from new as a trade in. I paid 18k for my Citroen and got

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
Stephen I have even more bad news for you in that after reading your post I phoned up a friend who always has a copy of Glasses guide and as I thought no Citroen is as bad as this. Even a 6k c3 would have 2.5k left in it at 3 years.

He reckons that you were the "only person to pay full list price for the car new and then to add insult had your trousers lifted at trade in time".

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stephen, your post begs the question: so why did you change the car? At 18,000miles it had years of life left, it was only three years old, so why not keep it? Did someone hold a gun to your head?

If it was your choice, then don't complain about the low price!

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
Yes, the C Crosser, 4007 and the Outlander are all basically the same car, my father in law has just bought a new outlander but the 2.0 diesel in the outlander used to be and I belieive, still is a VW unit. I don't know if it is like the Galaxy, Sharan, Alhambra family where they are all built in the same factory and have similar (poor) reliability.

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi all

HI EMMERSON Sorry if you thought I was complainng. I just was trying to give CLIVE advice which he asked for. The reason for selling my car was I was made redundent and could not keep up the HP so the gun was smoking a bit.

Sorry if I upset you.

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Stephen, you didn't upset me, I just couldn't understand the logic behind changing the car. Now all is explained. Thank you.
Clive,

I had the pleasure of testing the Peugeot 4007 with a Bailey caravan on the hook at the NEC Caravan show in October. Admittingly the caravan was empty of normal caravanners gear, but the 4007 made light work of its load. The test drive was not restricted to the NEC grounds, but included a good run down a nearby dual carriageway. I feel the Citroen C-Crosser is far more pleasing to the eye than the 4007 or Outlander equivelents.

Its a known fact that all cars drain money from your pocket at trade in time, so therefore I never buy new. There are plenty of low milage C-Crossers out there and with the present economic climate the dealers would probably snap your arm off to get you to buy one.

Don't take any notice of the doom merchants on this forum, you get what car you want and keep it for as long as you want. We are all losers when we buy any cars, but with the climate crunch the worm can turn.

David

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I looked at one of these when they first came out but was put off by the fact you can't open the bottom part of the tailgate with a towbar fitted. It would make it too inconvienient to get my dog in and out with the van on the back.
The recommended towbar has a detachable towball. These are very quick and easy to remove. Who wants to run around with ugly balls anyway?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts