Citroen Picasso 1.8 sx

ctj

Feb 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi ive just bought a picasso 1.8 having already sold caravan and mondeo i didnt intend on buying a car for towing (but to be honest i miss going away) has anyone towed with one of these? what are they like any probs etc?

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Carl

I tow my Ace Jubilee Aristocrat (90% MTPLM) with a 2008 1.8 Grand Picasso VTR+. It is a great car for camping and caravanning due to its size, but it leaves a lot to be desired in the power and MPG areas.

On the flat it pulls away nice and easy and will quite happily sit at 60 mph on the motorway, but as soon as you hit an incline the power drops off rapidly and I find that I spend a lot of my time changing down into third and second just to try and maintain a reasonable speed. I attempted to over take a lorry doing 45 MPH on the motorway, as I drew up alongside the cab we started to climb up a long steady hill, the lorry maintained his speed and I eventually had to pull back in behind because I didn't have anymore power left to continue with the overtake.

As for the MPG I drive on average 250 - 300 miles per week on a tank of fuel (60 Litres) which averages out at about 25 MPG, Although I drive the majority of time in stop start rush hour traffic the best I have got out of it was 35 MPG on a clear day with no traffic, this obviously decreases when towing and only this weekend we have been away at a site which is about 10 miles from our home, all in all we did about 20 miles towing and 30 without and have used a third of a tank of fuel!!!

To be honest, I have just bought a Jaguar X-Type 2.0 Diesel to tow the van now and will be getting rid of my Picasso next year.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Andrew

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts