CL Booking - the new website to find & book a CAMC 5-van Pitch

Some good news for 2022.
The UK wide network of 5-van sites licensed by the Caravan & Motorhome Club, often referred to as ‘Little Gems’ seems to be expanding thanks to the club putting in a good deal of effort into recruiting new sites in the past year.

Win-Win-Win
CL Booking is a Win-Win-Win for all involved: Members win by being able to find and book a site more easily using the interactive map search and filters. Site owners win because they get more enquiries and an efficient booking process that suits the way they work with their other businesses (often farming), and the Club wins because members are happier and CL Booking is meeting a long-desired need to show real-time availability for sites.

x6kmq.png
The key difference between CL Booking and other listing sites is that it shows availability. We’re also ensuring that sites list themselves accurately with descriptions, features and photos and helping the user find a site that suits their needs with filters (such as CLs with Toilets or those who welcome dogs). It is saving campers and site owners time by providing both parties with the information they need.
CL Booking was designed by 20 CL owners during Lockdown. The founding members pre-paid their subscriptions and do not gain financially from the new website. In fact, quite the reverse, they took a risk by paying in advance for a service that has defied the sceptics and helped thousands of Members of the CAMC book a CL pitch more easily. CL Booking now has:
  • Over 10,000 registered users
  • 7,983 active users in the past 28 days
  • Over 195 CL sites listed so far
  • Generated £150,000 worth of enquiries for CL sites

Reactions: Hutch and Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This would have been a great help when I was looking for CLs as the CMHC site really left you to it, and also some CL owners were a bit mean with the information provided, and did not even provide email contact addresses. Good work.

Reactions: Cholsey Grange
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks a good idea but it still needs quite a few more CL's and possibly spreading it to C&CC CS's might work.
Had a quick look and there are a couple of sites on there that could interest me.
Think it is in the wrong section though as this one is normally for those going abroad and one above this would be correct.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have always wondered why quite a lot of CL owners were so lazy with their site descriptions and the lack of photographs. I have always gone for those who made the effort thinking that they will, also tend to give a better experience. Though, on the other hand, I have always quite liked experiencing the differences. But over the years, some have been very poor.

I have also wondered why the CAMH club inspectors have not had a more advisory role for CL owners. But perhaps I have been expecting too much.

For those reasons I think the new scheme will be great, and I am very hopeful.

John

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
I have tried several times to use the CL Booking web site. I have registered my details. I am a club member. I click on the Find a Site icon and get page 404 site not found. I have not downloaded an AP to my phone, as I don't use my phone for such things. Does the website actually work?

I have tried several times to use the CL Booking web site. I have registered my details. I am a club member. I click on the Find a Site icon and get page 404 site not found. I have not downloaded an AP to my phone, as I don't use my phone for such things. Does the website actually work?
Hello Ern - many thanks for trying CL Booking. Are you on www.clbooking.co.uk ? The website is definitely working and when you enter your search area (eg Lincoln) and press the orange search button a map will pop up which you can then zoom out of to see nearby CLs.. See this video for help.
View: https://youtu.be/tmDbZzXnsSc

1643029712780.png

If you continue to have issues, please email info@clbooking.co.uk and one of the team will respond. Thanks again.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Nice website, but not sure why you are trying to reinvent the wheel as all the info is on the CAMC website. When we check we prefer to look at the map for CLs i.e. not far from the sea so county does not matter.

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
Nice website, but not sure why you are trying to reinvent the wheel as all the info is on the CAMC website. When we check we prefer to look at the map for CLs i.e. not far from the sea so county does not matter.
The intention was to provide members with real time information about availability and then book it on-line. The club site can't do either of those, and the club seems unable or unwilling for commercial reasons to do it. The CL's have responded by taking the lead,

Reactions: Tobes and Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
and in particular, despite members asking since Spot was a pup, no filter for fully serviced pitches.
Yes that is a bonus. Once they get a lot more CLs on board it will make a big difference as many fully serviced CLs are not entered on it yet, but it is new so patience required. :)

Reactions: Ern and Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts