CL/SMALL SITE RECOMMENDATIONS

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another forum I think would be helpful would be one that contained info on CLs members have visited. We like to use small sites but it is sometimes difficult to know if they are what we are looking for from the description in the CC&C book, especially as there are no pictures.

It is OK to go and take a chance if you are only going for a couple of nights but when we are booking for a couple of weeks or more we would like to know more about the sites.

On the same subject, any recommendations for really good CLs Oxford way, we like to be near cycle routes.

Ann

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After my experience with the Red Shoot Rip Off site I think Annes idea is an excellent one. In fact as we cannot go that far due to personal circumstances we like to use CL's for short breaks rather than weeks at a time, we will try to use the "local" CL's and build up a picture of them all.

Good idea Ann

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After my experience with the Red Shoot Rip Off site I think Annes idea is an excellent one. In fact as we cannot go that far due to personal circumstances we like to use CL's for short breaks rather than weeks at a time, we will try to use the "local" CL's and build up a picture of them all.

Good idea Ann
Thanks for your interest Clive - hope it gets other people interested too.

Best wishes

Ann

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I agree with you Ann. We much prefer to use smaller, quieter sites, but we are also lazy and like to use fully serviced pitches! The difficulty is that you rarely find fully serviced pitches on small sites, never mind CLs. I'd love to hear from anyonw who knows of any, particularly in the North West.

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

Great idea to have a forum for CL sites. Judging by the number of people who enquire, this site is crying out for one.

We have only been caravaning since June and have so far used 5 CL sites in the Cheshire/NorthWales/Shropshire area. Only one has so far disappointed us and that was just outside of Conway. The rest have been great. Anyone who is interested the Christian Centre near Oswestry is very nice. We took our two grandaughters with us and they loved it. Lots of facilities there and plenty to keep the kids happy. We will be taking them back there. Regards, Tony.

Regards, Tony.

Dec 10, 2003
Visit site
Regarding CL's around the Oxford area. You won't find a nicer one than at Coombe Farm. It's very well laid out and the owner is very helpful even arranging your waste water disposal for you, via a tailormade pipe into the ground. It's adults only and dog free but that might make it perfect for some. The site can be found under Wheatley on page 389 of the Site Directory.

Richie.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Regarding CL's around the Oxford area. You won't find a nicer one than at Coombe Farm. It's very well laid out and the owner is very helpful even arranging your waste water disposal for you, via a tailormade pipe into the ground. It's adults only and dog free but that might make it perfect for some. The site can be found under Wheatley on page 389 of the Site Directory.

Richie.
Thanks Richard

Will definitely look this one up.

Best wishes

Ann

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts