Classic Caravans

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As I have an interest in classic vehicles I have bought the last two copies of Classic Car Weekly and was surprised to see in the car sales pages a section devoted to the buying and selling of classic caravans. The general feelings were that they would be a good match for a classic car enthusiast. As there are members of this forum interested in the older caravan I thought I would bring this area of sales to their attention.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin, like you I have an interest in classic cars. I use a Morris 1000 traveller as my daily runabout. We have a Royale club member who also has classics, and buys Royale Tourstar caravans to sell on to his classic car mates. I believe there are three or four of our members now using Royales with classics. Unfortunately, their car rallies clash with our caravan rallies, so we don't see much of them. However two of them managed to attend our last event in Lancashire with 1970's Volvos, and we have two other members who turn up occasionally with Rover P5Bs. There is no doubt that a smart classic van & car outfit is a real head turner.

BTW, a look behind the stalls at autojumbles will often turn up the odd classic van as well.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Do you mean something like this, a 1980's 2CV and 1960's Eriba Puck
2cv_and_puck.jpg

From the recent EribaFest at Tewkesbury CC (19 to 22 April 2007)

Robert

May 9, 2007
Visit site
We are classic car enthusiasts but have never managed to buy a classic caravan, the prices are very high for anything in good condition so we stick to a modern van which our old car will tow.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts