Clean awnings

Aug 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi all
Just opened up our awning for our first week away this year and discovered a large amount of mildew and mould. question is ? Is there a product out there that will be able to remove it or do I just cut my losses and just replace
Many thanks
Nicholas

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dont replace, I have put our porch awning away damp , it comes out ok , I keep meaning. To re ptoof it , but, it is a light weight job, just used to keep rain off, and air the dogs beds., it discolours from white to cream, not a problem. . Spend money on resealing rather than new Awning.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Dont replace, I have put our porch awning away damp , it comes out ok , I keep meaning. To re ptoof it , but, it is a light weight job, just used to keep rain off, and air the dogs beds., it discolours from white to cream, not a problem. . Spend money on resealing rather than new Awning.

Ok, after talking too the boss, SWMBLAO, . Elaine wants to put the awning, a swift light weight. in to the washing machine, I thought using the stuff to waterproof coats etc, would be good, any one else done that. ?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Isabella , can’t speak for others, say no soap , shampoo or chemicals. Just warm / hot water. I clean mine with hot water, sponge and brush, . Thoroughly dry it. Then reproof with Fabsil or Aqua tex ,.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
A quick google comes up with some products. Starbrite and IOSSU. There may be others. What seems important is that you use something that kills the mildew.
Probably worth a punt if the awning is otherwise in good condition. If it was already on its last legs, probably best not to bother.
Let us know if you do find something that works: It may help others.
Bon Chance
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts