Cleaning Acrylic Windows without scratching

Jun 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone got any tips about cleaning the caravan windows without scratching them. I followed manufacturer instructions when I washed my van for the first time but it still scratched the windows slightly. They suggest lots of water on them before washing and then a soft sponge or cloth.

My van is stored on a farm and there is a lot of dust about.

Do any of the products advertised that claim to restore scratched windows work?

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi Richard

I don't think you can successfully 'resurface' any sort of plastic as they are usually moulded into the shape required. Acrylic is a bit of a vague term if the windows on caravans are mainly polycarbonate then I'd definitley say nothing will work to remove scratches having worked as an optician a scratched polycarb lens is a ruined one! Acrylic is probably the same.

Helen

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
T-cut (colour restorer for cars) works fine at removing scratches. Try a small area first just to make sure it's OK for your windows.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I've used good old fashioned "Brasso" polish in the past. It is an ultra fine liquid abrasive. Most tarditional hard ware stores should stock it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard - following advice from someone on this forum last year - I used Turtlewax car polish on my windows. It worked a treat, although they were not seriously scratched, just slight swirls.

Have used T-cut and Farecla window restorer before but results didn't appear as good as above.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts