Cleaning - basic question.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
otherclive said:
Dodger524 said:
If caravans were meant to be cleaned then they would fit through a auto car wash.

Must admit I am quite shamed by those on the website that wash the van before and after each trip. Earlier this year I rolled up to Wheathills in Shropshire and parked up next to Dusty Dog and whereas their van looked good ours looked as if it had had an argument with a muck spreader. Embarrassed to say it had been like that since we left Cornwall at New Year After Dusty left another caravan arrived late at night and pitched up. At 0730 we could hear activity outside and the two ladies we’re busily washing the car and caravan. Doubt that I would qualify for any rank in the Order of Woosies :)
Sorry Clive,
I missed this one and indeed the whole thread.
JRS, is the founder of Fenwicks products from many years ago. I had the pleasure some years ago to talk to him. At that time Bailey and their “club” told owners not to use Fenwicks but instead some other junk that I think has long gone!
Our Wyoming was brand new to us 9 years ago . Once a year , in the spring, she gets a real deep clean with Fenwicks caravan cleaner and black streak remover, roof included.
Then it’s elbow grease with Autoglym super resin polish. Thereafter for the rest of the season she gets washed with Fenwicks shampoo followed by a liberal spraying of Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler. Amazing what you can do with the garden bug sprayer :p
The Fenwicks overwintering is also very effective B)

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Clive ( & others )
Legs were a bit shaky when I was on the very top but by managing to lean over on one side half way and do a half side then move round to get the other half , very easy. Been a busy day so Stella is chilling for tonight :p

I am not surprised that the legs were a bit shaky, and you are extremely lucky not to be in Hospital right now.

There are two bracing struts missing !!!!!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
Craigyoung said:
Clive ( & others )
Legs were a bit shaky when I was on the very top but by managing to lean over on one side half way and do a half side then move round to get the other half , very easy. Been a busy day so Stella is chilling for tonight :p

I am not surprised that the legs were a bit shaky, and you are extremely lucky not to be in Hospital right now.

There are two bracing struts missing !!!!!!
The Aldi version had these steady legs :whistle:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
otherclive said:
Dodger524 said:
If caravans were meant to be cleaned then they would fit through a auto car wash.

Must admit I am quite shamed by those on the website that wash the van before and after each trip. Earlier this year I rolled up to Wheathills in Shropshire and parked up next to Dusty Dog and whereas their van looked good ours looked as if it had had an argument with a muck spreader. Embarrassed to say it had been like that since we left Cornwall at New Year After Dusty left another caravan arrived late at night and pitched up. At 0730 we could hear activity outside and the two ladies we’re busily washing the car and caravan. Doubt that I would qualify for any rank in the Order of Woosies :)
Sorry Clive,
I missed this one and indeed the whole thread.
JRS, is the founder of Fenwicks products from many years ago. I had the pleasure some years ago to talk to him. At that time Bailey and their “club” told owners not to use Fenwicks but instead some other junk that I think has long gone!
Our Wyoming was brand new to us 9 years ago . Once a year , in the spring, she gets a real deep clean with Fenwicks caravan cleaner and black streak remover, roof included.
Then it’s elbow grease with Autoglym super resin polish. Thereafter for the rest of the season she gets washed with Fenwicks shampoo followed by a liberal spraying of Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler. Amazing what you can do with the garden bug sprayer :p
The Fenwicks overwintering is also very effective B)

Dusty
Thanks, like you I’m an avid user of Fenwicks too. They do exactly what they are claimed to do. Mine could do with its pre winter clean but I’ve held off pending travelling around to have its new axle fitted. But I’m back at home this week so I may get out the new Aldi platform and at least get Shropshire’s muck off of it and a coat of Overwintering.

PS Avid doesn’t necessarily equate to frequent:)

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Craig,

[sub]Ref: Damian's comment.[/sub]

I have 2 platforms, one of them is like yours (my least favourite - sorry).

There should be a spreader bar at low level on one (or more) of the ladder sections, cannot quite remember right now, but will check tomorrow.

Someone has probably taken it of for a reason and has omitted to put it back on.

Try to find it and fit it before next use as a platform.

Stay safe young man :p

John

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Damien ,
I see what you mean about the bracing struts on the bottom after looking at a diagram but they are ancient , and they're probably somewhere but the platform itself was solid & steady ; it was my legs that were shaking with nerves !! :huh:

Job done though !! B)

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi otherclive, Fenwicks is used to Salopian mud as it's been cleaning and removing it from farm lanes and roads around Wem for the last 25 years. Thanks for your continued support stay safe Cheers Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts