Cleaning Flush on Avondale

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
The manual flush on our 2004 Avondale Dart needs cleaning out and we would welcome advice on how to do this.

We always put plenty of the pink flush liquid in when we fill it up, but it is now really dirty (like bits of mold) when we flush. My wife tried running water with bleach through but this hasn't helped and the owners manual only tells you how to clean the toilet holding tank.

We are in our third season (bought it second hand) and each year we completely drain it down for winter.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
We use less than 5% mix to water, could be your mix is too rich?

I would persist with the bleach treatment, leave it in overnight.

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
Thanks very much, we will try that.

I never measure the pink or blue solutions, just assume that the bigger the glug the better.

Will be a bit more precise to the instructions in future.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The subject of pink additive crops up every year.

Whilst some folk have never had a problem with using it, the vast number of vans I have worked on that did iuse it all suffered with vast algae growth.

I can see no gain whatsoever from using pink, other than the feeling it is doing something as it is pink.

Left in a tank over winter, even in very small quantities it will gel and be a perfect breeding ground for algae.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am one who has had no problems in 20 years of use

I think that the pink fluid reduces surface tension snd allows a better flush but the main reason to use it is the nice smell

On the other hand I was next to a caravan last year and the pink flush had clogged up the flush pipes and solidified

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am one who has had no problems in 20 years of use

I think that the pink fluid reduces surface tension snd allows a better flush but the main reason to use it is the nice smell

On the other hand I was next to a caravan last year and the pink flush had clogged up the flush pipes and solidified
http://www.toiletblue.co.uk/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts