Cleaning fly screen blinds?

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea how to clean fly screen blinds? We've opened the van up after the winter storage to find the blinds over the sinks in the kitchen and bathroom have mould spots on them, I've tried rubbing them with a dry cloth and a damp cloth, to no avail, I'm not sure what cleaning substances can be used on them. I'd be grateful for any useful ideas. Thanks!!

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It was a long slow job but worth every minute when we cleaned ours, all we used was warm soapy water, the way we did it though was I stood outside the van and held a flat tray against the blind, just lift the window as high as it will go to give you plenty of room, then because there was something to rub against my wife on the inside of the van just used the warm soapy water, we just used a squirt of washing liquid and a small sponge, we just used the none scouring side of a washing scourer, with patience and it being a two person job we cleaned ours and they looked like new when finally finished, once you've gone over them with the soapy water just rinse with clean water, well worth the effort.

BP

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Him outdoors can go out hold something against the screens!! It'll give him something to do on a wet day!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts