Cleaning the Awning

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

black streaks are difficult to get off with just warm water and a stiff brush.best way is to use an awning cleaner like fenwicks or grainger.use a stiffish brush or cloth to clean with the solution.use fabsil to reproof,but make sure you do the whole panel when reproofing as it will leave a stain like mark if you dont.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

black streaks are difficult to get off with just warm water and a stiff brush.best way is to use an awning cleaner like fenwicks or grainger.use a stiffish brush or cloth to clean with the solution.use fabsil to reproof,but make sure you do the whole panel when reproofing as it will leave a stain like mark if you dont.
http://www.fenwicks.info/Awning%20&%20Gazebo%20Cleaner.htm

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
one idea is to fix a large hook outside on the house wall,fixed at 7 feet high and 8 feet wide.with this you can hang the awning up without a struggle by using the rubber ladders on the skirt.i used a scrubbing brush and a nail brush.using fenwicks awning cleaner and reproofer is came up like new.will not kid you it is hard work.after cleaning with awning cleaner i used the hose pipe to swill off excess before the reproofer.leave hanging to dry.i cleaned the windows with normal glass cleaner both sides.once a year is fine.this way you are fighting with masses of material.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
one idea is to fix a large hook outside on the house wall,fixed at 7 feet high and 8 feet wide.with this you can hang the awning up without a struggle by using the rubber ladders on the skirt.i used a scrubbing brush and a nail brush.using fenwicks awning cleaner and reproofer is came up like new.will not kid you it is hard work.after cleaning with awning cleaner i used the hose pipe to swill off excess before the reproofer.leave hanging to dry.i cleaned the windows with normal glass cleaner both sides.once a year is fine.this way you are fighting with masses of material.
should be hooks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

no......mildew is a spaw which needs to be eradicated from the fabric,as it eventually eats into the cloth with disastrous reults, ending in the loss of the awning.lyosol(rinse through thoroughly afterwards) is a good product for getting rid of the mildew,as is lemon juice and salt mixed to a paste (leave on for about 30 mins then wash thoroughly)lysol is a detergent so re proofing will be needed after cleaning,would also reproof after the salt and lemon.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

no......mildew is a spaw which needs to be eradicated from the fabric,as it eventually eats into the cloth with disastrous reults, ending in the loss of the awning.lyosol(rinse through thoroughly afterwards) is a good product for getting rid of the mildew,as is lemon juice and salt mixed to a paste (leave on for about 30 mins then wash thoroughly)lysol is a detergent so re proofing will be needed after cleaning,would also reproof after the salt and lemon.
http://www.lysol.com/products/bathroom-cleaners/mildew-remover/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts