Cleaning tips for a newbie please!

Sep 2, 2024
Visit site
Brand new caravanners here, just bought a Coachman 450/2 and looking for advice as to how best to clean the outside please!
Thank you 👍

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I always used Fenwicks Caravan ckeaner followed by Autogkym car polish. Then for winter after cleaning sprayed it with Fenwicks Overwintering and just left that on irrespective of where we went in winter, then repeated the cycle. each year.

Reactions: Spinador
Sep 2, 2024
Visit site
I always used Fenwicks Caravan ckeaner followed by Autogkym car polish. Then for winter after cleaning sprayed it with Fenwicks Overwintering and just left that on irrespective of where we went in winter, then repeated the cycle. each year.
Thank you! I'll have a look for those

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
any suitable washing product is fine, Fenwicks is no better than anything else I have used.
Currently using Autobrite Direct Banana car wash, it smells amazing
Autoglym Super Resin Polish after drying , then Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

I am thinking of going down the ceramic coating route next time though

Reactions: Spinador
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
any suitable washing product is fine, Fenwicks is no better than anything else I have used.
Currently using Autobrite Direct Banana car wash, it smells amazing
Autoglym Super Resin Polish after drying , then Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

I am thinking of going down the ceramic coating route next time though
Why do you need a nice fragrance for a caravan? I can understand internal cleaning products but external defeats me.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Why do you need a nice fragrance for a caravan? I can understand internal cleaning products but external defeats me.
I don't but it smells nice when you use it, just an added bonus. previous bottle was cherry scented. I'm more interested in the quality of the wash, and I have found AD products to be of excellent quality.
I can also recommend Bilt Hambler clay bars , dodo juice purple haze wax for dark paint on my car, etc etc etc.
I got a bit addicted to cleaning my cars a few years ago :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Would a pressure plant sprayer be ok for rinsing the roof off
Try it but I doubt it will prove very effective and you would visibly age doing it. Why not a garden hose with a nozzle that has a number of options. I used to set mine to a fan and it was very effective. Mind you the dirt had been well and truly loosened using Fenwicks and my long handle wash brush dipped into a large bucket of plain water.

Reactions: Richtee180
Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
Try it but I doubt it will prove very effective and you would visibly age doing it. Why not a garden hose with a nozzle that has a number of options. I used to set mine to a fan and it was very effective. Mind you the dirt had been well and truly loosened using Fenwicks and my long handle wash brush dipped into a large bucket of plain water.
Just thinking of different options with it on site I have it all year round in a caravan park.

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
Opted for a 50m hose in the end, the fan spray blew off almost immediately so just fanned the water with my fingers, used Jennychem caravan cleaner from Amazon and one of those long handled microfiber car wash pads.

Attachments

• 1000015315.jpg
    1000015315.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 5

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts