cleaning toilet cassette

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

apart from the water and the blue kem stuff, what do you do/use to give the cassette a good clean out/disinfect?

Can you put any household solutions in there to give it a good swill???

Thanks

Tina x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina - providing you use the appropriate chemicals (blue/pink) you should have no problems in rinsing them thoroughly with water at the end of each trip. Once a year I use Thetfords toilet holding tank cleaner just to freshen it up further. Also keep the blade valve open during non-usage.

I have never had a smelly holding tank yet!

John

Apr 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina

If you are same who asked about cleaning the pipes before the trip to Devon then you really cannot go wrong with the Kemdirect products I spoke about in that topic.

The Kemdirect granular toilet additive ( with no chemical smell ) which can be used top and bottom has also a cleaning agent in it so it keeps the toilet clean whilst breaking down the contents. Also cleans the top and produces no black bits that many suffer from.

If you wish to clean out immediately then the Kemdirect descaler and pipe cleaner I advised you could use in all your pipes will also do the trick and get rid of any calcium build up as well.

Have a look at Han`s site www.kemdirect.nl it is also in English with full explanations.

Joyce

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After each holiday I fill the holding tank 7/8 full with water, throw in a bit of bleach, leave 24 hrs then give a good rinse. May not please the advocates of expensive cleaning fluids but has worked ok for me for the past twenty years.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina, Just a couple of points to add to the other posts. Be carefull not to overdo the swirling around with the rinse water. I lost the float out of minein this way and its an awful job to replace it. Avoid using household bleach any where in the system.

The chlorine in the bleach will destroy your rubber seals over time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts