Clicking from hot water tank on gas.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yesterday visited van in storage to replace bathroom tap. When completed job filled up water tank and ran water heater (Cascade 2GE) on gas to get hot water to test tap. Green water heater light came "on" on control panel and water heated fine. BUT when ran water with gas to heater switched on heard LOUD RHYTHMIC CLIDKING SOUND from region of hot water tank. It sounded a bit a like pressure switch when needs adjusting but not that as could hear that too! When switched off gas on control panel clicking stopped. I was running the pump, etc from battery as no hook up where I was. I usually operate water heater on mains electricity when it's fine. Caravan recently serviced when some work done on water heater tank - only run it on mains electricity since then.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Tim,

Just a thought:

As your van is in storage, how well charged is the battery? If it is low, then there may be enough charge to run the water heater by its self (about 0.25A), but add the current needed to run the pump (Submersible pumps approx 1.5 to 2A) & the battery may be dropping its voltage to the point where the water heater gas valve is closing. The clicking you hear could be the sound of the gas valve and the igniter trying to relight the gas.

TRENDING THREADS