clicking noise from truma moter mover (left side)

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
over the last year a clicking noise happens when i use the motor mover
im not sure if this is the normal or if there is an issue with the mover - but has anyone else had any experience of this at all?
is there something i can do to stop the noise ?

carl

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi Carl
it depends on where the clicking noise is comming from if it is from the motors or rollers it may require a bit of servicing, however if the clicking noise is comming from the control box it is normal when in use, and nothing to worry about, mine has done this from day one. it is the solenoids operating within the box that feeds power to the motors it will do this when it is turned on and if the remote goes out of range signified by the mover stopping as the remote comes back in range it will click a few times and then resume.

colin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've had this problem and it seems to be that the mover rises slightly with the wheel movement and then drops back
I put up with it for years on the old Carver after a replacement motor did the same thing!!

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi
You do not say which motor mover but I am assuming PowerTouch.
I have had this same clicking on both sides over the past year. The first was last summer and the second this summer.
On both occasions I just contacted Powertouch and they had an engineer out within a couple of days to change the small outer bearing on each roller.
If you mover is under five years then this is done under warranty
Alan J

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi Alan j.
the heading on the OP clearly states TRUMA MOVER "left side" however seeing as power touch is owned by truma now you are probably right unless the mover is a couple of years old in which case it is not. my mover is a old one of the truma SE variety.
we do not yet know (probably never will) wether the noise is comming from the motor itself or from the control box that may be sited on the left had side untill thelma65/carl comes back to explain. As the op was posted on a thursday and now its saturday it is possible he is away. any diagnosis is imposible untill we know just dont hold your breath waiting.

colin

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Try two things. Check rollers for grit caught between roller and casing. (Gently poke with a screwdriver.) Drop some oil onto the outer bearing. two or three drops will do. look at the outer end of the roller and see a gap about 2 mm. drop oil in there. If these two don't cure it it could be a bearing going. Truma say in their handbooks that these bearings are lubricated for life- not true, they benefit from a drop of oil. (The older truma movers had the bearing as part of the roller and the whole roller had to be replaced.)

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
hi thanks for all the replies -
it is coming from the roller (or that area) definatley as the power box was installed on the other side of the van
i will try the oil first see if that helps - or do you think it is worth getting an engineer out to have a proper look?
other than the noise it works fine and has done for 2 years

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
My Truma has creaked from day one, it was changed from my Ace Firestar to my Lunar Clubman, by the dealer in May they checked it out and said it was fine, still creaks has though its got grit in it.
NigelH

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts