Clock replacement with a Google Nest Hub

Jun 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently bought a 2008 Bailey Senator. Lovely caravan but some of the things on it are... a little dated. I'm thinking of taking the clock out and replacing it with something with a bit more functionality like a Google Nest Hub. Flush mounted with a wall mount would be pretty cool. You would need internet for most of its features but thats ok Ive got a 5g router for the caravan. Even if theres no internet itll still funtion as a clock so nothing lost. If anyones interested in this little project I can post a how to up once ive done it.

So far ive run a spur up to the cupboard for power. Next I need to get the wall mount for the Google. Then take the wooden board off the clock is mounted to and cut a bigger hole for the wall mount. Thatd be about it tbh. Plug it in away you go!
20220626_180430.jpg

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Part of me agrees with you. But the other part likes the retro look of the original clock. If you go ahead, will you be able to do it so that it can be put back in the future?

Good luck with it either way.

John

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDonk
Jun 22, 2022
Visit site
Part of me agrees with you. But the other part likes the rero look of the original clock. If you go ahead, will you be able to do it so that it can be put back in the future?

Good luck with it either way.

John

The clock doesnt work anyway. Before it completely died it was a bit loud. I know some people enjoy that but not me.

You could quite easily put it back how it was. Its only a bit of ply covered in a fake suede material so I'd just make another one.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The beauty of caravanning is putting your own stamp on things .Our mods are personal and make life more cosy. For us I rewired the TV aerial system. We now have two TVs and Sky. Suits us. The shower has been modified too. If you like the change of clock go for it👏👏👏

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The beauty of caravanning is putting your own stamp on things .Our mods are personal and make life more cosy. For us I rewired the TV aerial system. We now have two TVs and Sky. Suits us. The shower has been modified too. If you like the change of clock go for it👏👏👏
And I remember you for most of a day, at Waterrow, trying to set up your Sattelite reciever, until the taste of a pint got the better of you. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Parksy and Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
And I remember you for most of a day, at Waterrow, trying to set up your Sattelite reciever, until the taste of a pint got the better of you. 😂😂😂
🙀🙀I even bought a new sky box! I hadn’t jigged my meter correctly🤬🤬

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Fantastic. And thanks for all the pictures they show what is possible.

Can you explain the apparent gap at the bottom? Does it have a purpose?

1656947929846.jpeg

John

Reactions: Tobes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts