Close call!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Got a flyer through the door from one of those car repair insurance companies W. Sounded interesting so decided to read some reviews on the various websites. I was really shocked at the number of negative reviews so ditch that idea anyway! I wonder how many people get fleeced and then when they claim are told to take a hike even though the repair item is not wear and tear? :unsure:

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Got a flyer through the door from one of those car repair insurance companies W. Sounded interesting so decided to read some reviews on the various websites. I was really shocked at the number of negative reviews so ditch that idea anyway! I wonder how many people get fleeced and then when they claim are told to take a hike even though the repair item is not wear and tear? :unsure:
my son bought a Mazda CX5 diesel and purchased one of these warranties at the time.
After 12 months - with another year remaining - a catastophic engine failure occured. On investigation by his garage it was an issue common to this engine that was the cause.
The warranty mob refused to pay up since they claimed it was a known issue with this engine (it is) and therefore was' pre existing at the time of purchase'/
I wouldn't touch 'em with a thirty foot barge pole !

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My daughter bought one when she purchased a three year old Focus auto. They funded the rebuild of its Powershift box at a main dealership. Then 12 months later they funded a new gearbox to be fitted. Powershift had a history of problems but the company still paid. However she decided to move on and two years ago took delivery of a new Corolla automatic.

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
My wife had one with an A class Mercedes, provided by the dealer. When a small sensor in the gearbox failed they refused to pay even though the book was fully stamped as one service invoice was missing . That cost us £2000.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I had one on a Nissan X-Trail. The turbo went when coming back to storage with half a mile to go. The recovery were great. Van put in storage, car to Nissan garage. Warrantee company refused to pay for a Nissan turbo, but did pay for an after market one. They did say they would not pay if the oil journal feeding the bearing was blocked. But it wasn’t.

After fitting the after market turbo, it failed after about 1 week. They paid for another to be fitted. After fitting, Nissan diagnosed that the injectors were not working properly. The warrantee company agreed to have them sent away for testing. Three could be serviced, the fourth had to be replaced. Both expensive options.

So I was glad I had the warrentee. Mine were very professional. I think it helped that they were dealing with a main dealer.

Strangely, the car felt exactly the same, and had the same mpg, with the new injectors.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My wife had one with an A class Mercedes, provided by the dealer. When a small sensor in the gearbox failed they refused to pay even though the book was fully stamped as one service invoice was missing . That cost us £2000.
My Swift warranty required service invoices, they did not accept stamps in the book. As the van was pre owned I had to contact a dealer in Wales and one in Cannock to obtain copies of the invoices. Quite a task given GDPR, so parts relating to the previous owner had to be redacted before they would supply copies of the invoices. Fortunately it all worked out okay as I just got a rear cracked panel replaced before the five year warranty expired.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts