Clumber in March

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I intend to visit Clumber Park CC site mid march, leaving before the Easter rush. This visit will mainly be for walkies with the wife and dog. Is it worth the visit at this time of year and is there any worthwile attractions?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clumber park si great for walking cycling as the site is in the middle and there are lots of walks. Some of the places to visit are Robin hood visitor centre at Edwinstow, Rufford abbey and park, Southwell minster, Hardwick hall, Bolsover castle,Visitor centre cresswell craggs,Nottingham castle, caves, museums and shops, National water sports centre all these are within 5 - 45min drive even Chatsworth house is only about 1 hour away and there are lots of places i have'nt mentioned, so I don't think that you should be bored. Hope this helps

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Have you been to Clumber before. Staying at the CC site gives you temp membership of the NT that own and manage the park. It's a vast area with lake church and NT shop and cafe in the middle. You can hire bikes near the centre too. Miles and miles of walkies and great relaxation!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank's for the replies, we havn't been to clumber, this will be our first Caravan trip, but the online info looked good. We arn't the cycling type but do enjoy the walking where we can stop and observe anything we may come accross i.e. wildlife and birds. So clumber it is for a week mid March.

Regards to all Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We went on the Caravan and Camping club site there and it was a great weekend in march,the site is situated in a walled garden near the lake and local attractions of the park as the caravan club site is a good walk from the main attractions and we will be going back again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts